Author Topic: What should this place be ?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What should this place be ?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 February 07 20:23 GMT (UK) »

Hi Arranroots.

I started having second thoughts about William and Ann being the parents of Francis, mainly due to the age given for him.

Following a bit more digging I have unearthed HO107/1383/4 Folio 6 Page 3 in 1841 Wales.

I think that this has got to be the correct family. Will you have a quick look, when you have a minute, and see if you agree ?

DS
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 February 07 20:30 GMT (UK) »
It certainly looks possible!  :)

I can't see where you said about his parents' names (getting tired!)  Oops!  No that was me, lol!!

Do you have a marriage cert with father's name and occupation?  That would help your cause a great deal!

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 February 07 20:38 GMT (UK) »

Hello again

I only started looking for him last night but I have found the registration for his marriage and so that looks like the next step in order to make sure.

Thanks for your help

DS

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 February 07 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Well we have made a bit of progress - don't forget to let us know!

:D

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 May 07 19:31 BST (UK) »
Did you make any progress with this, Ds?

;)

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots

I apologise profusely. You must think me terribly rude.

I have only just seen your last request for an update whilst I was, for the first time ever, looking through and clearing out my “Show new replies to your posts”. (Incidentally, is there a quicker way to remove them than by clicking on each one in turn ?).

This topic related to a family that I was looking at for some friends (I do have one or two. Honestly! ;D) and at the time, after I had advised them that they needed to see this certificate plus about another dozen or so to be certain about particular lines, they decided that some of the other more recent and more critical ones for making progress were more important for them to obtain with their limited budget.

The family referred to in this thread were at the periphery of their tree and whilst it would have been nice to tie up a loose end conclusively, I think they were happy to accept what they already had, at least for the time being.

Many thanks again for your help with the topic and sincerest apologies for this very delayed response.

DS :-[

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi DS

No problem at all!  :)

Let us know if they decide to invest in a cert to confirm, but meanwhile i will put this in the Completed pile.  If you want to add to it that is still fine.

As for removing all your Unreads, no I think I usually just delete them one at a time.  Then again, I can't really afford to let them accumulate - there would be trouble!!

;D