Author Topic: Hugh DOUGLAS & Nancy (Agnes) BLACK  (Read 6245 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh DOUGLAS & Nancy (Agnes) BLACK
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 March 07 13:21 GMT (UK) »
This link here will give you a feel for the Limavady area (and is quite humerous in parts too).
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 March 07 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Scotsmum I have spent the entire day looking at mpas and hanting for websites, although i had found the multimap one the link to Limavady i had not and it looks realy good thank you so much
off to brows through  :P
thanks Sybil
ORKNEY
FLETT, CLOUSTON,  WHISHART, SCOTT, BRUCE,
ABERDEEN AREA:THOMSON, ROSIE, CHAFFEY, ALLAN,               
GLASGOW;STEWART,  SPENCE,  DOUGLAS, BLACK , KEAYS(KEYS), MITCHELL,    JOHNSTON,  FLETT,  ALLAN, CALLAGHAN, JENKS,FINLAY,SMELLIE,TYSON

MORAYSHIRE: ALLAN, INNES, MCPHAIL, MATHEWS, STEWART, MCKENZIE, MCLEAN, PLOWMAN, MASSON, 
IRELAND:DOUGLAS,BLACK,McAULAY,KEAYS,TWEED,MITCHELL,
 ENGLAND: JENKS, WALKER,BALDWIN, HURST,PHILLIPS, CHAFFEY, ROBERTSON, ALLAN;JOHNSON, AMEY,Corston,Race

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 March 07 16:04 BST (UK) »
Saw query in today's Irish News.

Do you know what religion the Douglas family were? The ones I know about were Presbyterian and there might be some local church records.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 March 07 21:15 BST (UK) »
Saw query in today's Irish News.

Do you know what religion the Douglas family were? The ones I know about were Presbyterian and there might be some local church records.

Thank you so much for your reply, The query in thursdays Irish news will be mine because i emailed them to sak if they would publish my letter, which i was aware they were doing but did not know what day.
they were married at carrick church and  they came from Terrydrum ( grandfather) and Ballydarrog) grandmother,
Regards Sybil
ORKNEY
GLASGOW;STEWART,  SPENCE,  DOUGLAS, BLACK , KEAYS(KEYS), MITCHELL,    JOHNSTON,  FLETT,  ALLAN, CALLAGHAN, JENKS,FINLAY,SMELLIE,TYSON

MORAYSHIRE: ALLAN, INNES, MCPHAIL, MATHEWS, STEWART, MCKENZIE, MCLEAN, PLOWMAN, MASSON, 
 ENGLAND: JENKS, WALKER,BALDWIN, HURST,PHILLIPS, CHAFFEY, ROBERTSON, ALLAN;JOHNSON, AMEY,Corston,Race

Offline Cassie2302

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Thanks for posting this I was able to extend my family tree to include Hugh and Nancy's fathers.  I just wonder if you have found any more information on them as this is as far as I have got so far.

I am a direct descendant on my paternal grandmothers side and Hugh is my 3x great grandfather.

Yours,
Cassie

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 April 19 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Cassie

First of all I appologise that I am just getting back to you, I have not been on much in the past few years, and only just checked new posts, I will drop you a PM

Sybil
ORKNEY