Author Topic: John Price  (Read 6183 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: John Price
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 March 07 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie

I've a John Price in 1861 RG9/4259/f66/p2 address Bron----? Mill Llanfair Caereinion
John Price, brother in law, u, mill carrier, MGY Llanfyllin

Head of household is Edward Howell, h, m, 29, miller and his wife Jane, w, m, 26.

Hope it helps, cheers Dave.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline rosielewis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 March 07 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Dave, it could well be my John Price's Father who (I think might have also been a John) They were all around that area in Montgomeryshire.
This is such an addictive hobby! Everything else has been left since I started on my research!
Thanks again,
All the best
Rosie
Staples, Anglesey and Liverpool, Worthington Liverpool, Price Montgomeryshire, Lewis Montgomeryshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 March 07 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie, you're right it is addictive.   If that's your John Price then the miller's wife was his sister - Jane Price.   You may be able to confirm him by crosschecking her.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline sioned

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 October 07 21:02 BST (UK) »
 Hello Rosie Lewis
I have just come across your notes 27/2/07 and I think that we are related ??

John Price was also my great taid and I can give you more information about the family. Firstly JP was born in Llanfyllin and his marriage to Mary was his second - I understand that there were three children from this marriage but know nothing more. His marriage to Mary we very "fruitfull" and they had 12 yes 12 children  - you have listed 7 but there was also Nellie, Joe, Emlyn, Willie and Miriam - I do not know their ages.
Back to our family connection  my mother was the daughter of Mary E Price the eldest daughter and she is my source of information. Your grandmother Catherine I understand was known in the family as Kate and after marrying a Mr Lewis, lived in Meifod where they had four children and my mother thinks you are the daughter of Thomas - if this is correct and you are still living close to where your father worked then we are only living a few miles appart!!.
Back to JP - I think that the reason the family moved from LLanfyllin to Llanidloes was that JP was the senior blacksmith on the Elan Valley dam building. I do not know how long they were living there but JP returned to Llanfyllin and was the blacksmith at Bethel which is some 3 miles from the town. He is buried in the cemetary of Bethel chapel which is next door to the old forge.
Mary his widow and son Joe, as far as I can gather, then moved to the Foel where they farmed at LLety Piod and Mary died in 1947 and is buried in Foel Cemetary on the road to Can Office.
If you can relate to the above and would like to get in touch please respond to this message and I will let you have my phone number,

Barry Owens.

PS. I will in the meantime try to get as much information as I can from my mother.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 October 07 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Barry

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

It sounds as though you are indeed related - will wait to see with bated breath!

Please don't post any details of living people or contact details though - against Rootschat policy - you can use the personal message system to do that!

Good luck and let us know if you have a mini-rootschat meet of your very own!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline rosielewis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 08:13 BST (UK) »
Oh my Goodness, after all this time someone who knows, and is part of the family!!!!
Yes indeed I am Thomas's daughter and my Nain was Kate who married Pryce Lewis.
I have only just found this message as I was just checking my spam mail and it had gone into that folder for some unknown reason.
I had tracked down that John Price was buried in Bethel, and have a photo of his grave, and that the Mary he married was from Llanwddyn, maybe they met when he was helping to build the Vyrnwy as Nain always said he did.
I knew he had a lot of children with Mary, I was very close to Emlyn and Joe, but didn't meet many of the others, but have now built a relationship with Megan who was Nain's Brother Edward's daughter, so she would have been my Dad's first cousin.We met through ancestry and have been in touch since, trying to fathom the large family out!
It would be wonderful to chat some more, and thank you so much for your reply.
Rosie
Staples, Anglesey and Liverpool, Worthington Liverpool, Price Montgomeryshire, Lewis Montgomeryshire

Offline sioned

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie Lewis.

Many thanks for your reply - I must say that finding your original message was a complete chance because I was realy looking for members of my father's family.

I don't  have any new information for you at this moment but it would be great to talk. I understand that your father worked in Tudweiliog not far from Pwllheli and wonder if you are still in that area as I only live a few miles away.

I am told by Rootschat that there is a "private" chatroom for use since they do not allow personnal details of persons still alive to be published??  If possible perhaps we can "speak" through this service.
I look forward to your response.

Barry Owens
PS I do check my e-mails most days and will look out for your reply

Offline Gerald Price

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 10 April 16 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie, Just seen by accident your message re John Price. My Grandfather was John Price, Born in 1846 at Trout Cottage, Nantymeichied, Myfod, Montgomeryshire. His wife was Eleanor . He had the following children :- Margaret 1868, John Thomas 1871, Edward 1873, Allison 1875, Margaret Jane 1878, James 1880 (My Father) and Ellis 1886.

Following the death of his first wife he married Mary Evans and had the following children :- Mary Elizabeth 1889, Catherine Blodwen 1891, David 1893, Evan 1895, Edward 1898, Ethel 1900, Agnes 1900. Up until a few months ago my fathers, family was a mystery as he ran away from home to South Wales when he was 14 years of age. He was also a blacksmith as was his father John. This may be helpful to you.