Author Topic: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr  (Read 42976 times)

Offline Kinn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr
« on: Tuesday 27 February 07 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am tracing my family tree.  According to my gg grandmother Euphemia Rae Amer (nee Stevenson) she is related to George Stephenson (Rocket Fame).

I would very much like to hear from descendants of the Stephenson family in the Northumberland area.

Any information that anyone can give me would be of most help.

Chezkinn

Offline rsroper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 14:40 BST (UK) »
Chezkinn,

Offline rsroper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 14:41 BST (UK) »
Chezkin,

Offline rsroper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 14:45 BST (UK) »
Chezkinn, I am a descendant of the family of George Stephenson, I am afraid I have never heard of your ancestor being part of the family. Can you give me more details about her
Regards, Bob Roper

Offline Kinn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 June 07 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob

I wonder if you can help me.

According to my gg gandmother Euphemia Rae Stephenson, she is supposed to be the great niece of George Stephenson.

I have managed to trace her back to her father who was Cunningham Stephenson born around 1818 in Kirkcudbright.  Cunningham married a Jane Robertson or Robson (we are not sure which) and his parents are supposedly John Stephenson and Euphemia Rae.  My mother and I can only assume that the connection (if there is one) would be John Stephenson.  I can only find a marriage for John not a birth or death in Scotland.

Can you shed any more light on this.  My gg grandmother did have the family bible so we can only assume that George is mentioned in this bible. 

We have become rather stuck but any help you can give me or any information about your ancestors would be appreciated.

regards

Cheryl

Offline Johsan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 October 07 14:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl I was engaged in some possible research into ancestry etc and came across the research you have been doing only to realise who it was. Quite eerrie really! It looks as if you have set yourself quite a task and it is my daughter Jane who is attempting to uncover ours. Have you ever discovered the whereabouts of the Family Bible? There was always something mysterious about this and I can't imagine why a museum would lose it or evidence of it. Anyway, good luck with your research and I hope you don't mind me making contact.
Sandra

Offline rsroper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 October 07 15:16 BST (UK) »
Sandra,
I have never heard of the bible you mention. Can you give me more Dates and Places. If you are the same line as Cheryl's it seems unlikely that there is a connection to the family of George Stephenson.
I would be pleased to hear from you
Bob Roper

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 October 07 15:54 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Johsan

I hope you and Cheryl manage to find some connections and possibly Bob can assist you in researching your families - even if it turns out that are not connected to each other!

Bob - does anything Cheryl says in her details above link to your research so far?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline rsroper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 October 07 19:21 BST (UK) »
Arranroots,
As a descendant of the Stephenson family of George Stephenson the railwayengineer, I have a lot of enquiries about the family including the present ones and it is extremely rare to find a connection. People do not realise what a great number of Stephenson families there are. I am pleased to hear from them as I might be lucky in connectig with a few that I cannot contact.
Regards Bob Roper( Robert Stephenson Roper)