Author Topic: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr  (Read 42993 times)

Offline greenman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr
« Reply #54 on: Monday 24 October 16 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hello, and firstly my apologies for leaving you in the lurch without a reply. I am afraid have have been forgetting to check the Rootschat site for ages.
Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr are not linked to me in any way - My Stephensons are not far away geographically, but I don't think there is a relationship. My Marmaduke Stephenson hails from the East Riding of Yorkshire, and came from a long line of farming folk. Sheep, I think.
If I learn anything else at all that helps to shed some light, I will of course let you know.
Thanks very much for writing, and once again my apologies for seeming ill-mannered.
All good wishes,
Francis Wright (direct descendant of quite a few Marmaduke Stephensons!)
Wright, Gisborne, Stephenson, Weatherly, Hebb, Gray, Hudson, Belohlavek;
Middlesex: Hillingdon, Colham Green, Uxbridge, Hayes;
Yorkshire (East Riding): North Frodingham, Rise, Leven, Driffield;
Lincolnshire: Sleaford.
Bohemia, Czech Republic, Czechoslovakia, Pisek, Pribram, Prague.

Offline russellte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 14:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm new in this thread, but here goes.  My second great grandmother was Margaret Stephenson (b. 1819, Wallsend, Northumberland, d. 1893).  She married Andrew Robson in April 1846.  Her son, James (1850 - 1862) was killed in the Hartley Coal Mind Disaster and I believe her husband was injured at the same event.  And help would be appreciated.

Offline susanstephenson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob
I do remember a family bible of George Stephenson, given to the museum by my fathers Aunt. My Fathers name was Peter Stephenson and in the 1960s was told via a news paper in Durham that he was not not a descendant and a Chap called Harry was.
Harry refused to comment on his blood line or assist with my fathers research, my Grandfathers name was ironically George Wilson Stephenson and my Uncle died trying to prove a link.
There are 6 names in this Bible and so there must be thousands of descendants by now
kind regards from
Susan Stephenson