Author Topic: Verdon and Euan Pearce  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Ian

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Verdon and Euan Pearce
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 April 07 16:55 BST (UK) »
Rebecca
Thanks for making contact. If you would like to PM me with your email address, I'd be very happy to let you see what I have so far.
I also have a lot of photos of Pearce graves from the area which might help you. I have a Daniel Pearce who was my great great grandfather and his father was called Joseph so we might have some common ground.

It's certainly worth talkng!

Ian
Sturman, Shirley, Pearce, Gilbert, Austin, Pangborn, Hill, Dwight
All from Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire

Offline Gary Tarr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 May 16 05:52 BST (UK) »
Perhaps I can help in your search .
My Great Grandfather was the George Pearce who owned and operated the Sawmills in Alton from around 1899 . His wife Ellen Hawkes and Mr Pearce moved from the Great Missenden in 1899 to Alton . As far as I am aware from family history , he had 2 sons ; Albert and young George ( my grandfather )
Albert was "banished " to Canada around 1910 for having an illegitimate child with one of the servant girls !! I remember as a young boy in the 1950s a visit from an old aunt from Canada .

My grandfather young George married Margarita Gilbert from the Missenden area in 1920 , they lived in a house in Chawton Park Road Alton where they had 3 daughters ; Marie ( my mother ) Josephine , my aunt who was 90 last year ; and Georgina who will be 80 this month ( May 2016 )

In the late 20s Mr Pearce purchased 10 Butts Road Alton ; opposite the Dukes Head public house , where they lived untill the mid 1970s . In their latter years they lived in a "granny flat) attached to their middle daughter ,Josephine's house in Kenton , North London.
Young George died in 1980 aged 80 years and his wife , my grandmother lived to the ripe old age of 91, passing away in 1990.

My grandfather owned and operated the Alton Sawmills from 1934 ( when his father died ) to 1939 when financial difficulties forced the banks and other lenders to foreclose .

His 3 daughters including my mother all married and have children . My family the Tarrs were 4 children , unfortunately 2 have left us but myself Gary and my sister Annette ( youngest and eldest ) are still "going at 65 years and 68 years . Young George Pearce's other daughters , Josephine Bennett and Georgina Gutteridge have 3 children in their 50s and 60s .

I sincerely hope this helps with you picture of the Pearce family

Offline Ian

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 June 16 15:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all that information.

I think you have the answer to my mystery!

You can have access to my .tree if you want. Just pm me with your email address.

Thanks again

Ian
Sturman, Shirley, Pearce, Gilbert, Austin, Pangborn, Hill, Dwight
All from Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire