Author Topic: Belfast - Paterson & Kelly  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Kanga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Belfast - Paterson & Kelly
« on: Wednesday 07 March 07 06:05 GMT (UK) »
I would like to hear from other researchers who have family links to Helena Kelly:

Helena Kelly (from Belfast) married Robert Paterson (born Scotland) in 1883 at
St Anne's Church, Belfast.  Bride's father: James Kelly (gardener) Groom's father: James Paterson (framework maker).

Kanga

Offline Pattersontribe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belfast - Paterson & Kelly
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 January 18 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Helena Paterson ( Kelly) is my great grandmother, she married my fathers grand-father. I am doing a family search from my end in Australia and have just made breakthroughs today actually. Scottish and Irish records are difficult, so you have to go elsewhere to get results. Robert wwasn't actually a frame work knitter like the rest of the Patersons in Dumfriesshire Scotland, He was in the cameron highlanders when he married Helena in 1883, as an engineers timekeeper. They had six children and four survived, Her family is intriguing and up until now undiscovered until I happened upon wikitree and chatted with a very distant relative I think, who has just this minute identified the last of two deceased children. I will do a bit more research and get back to you. In the meantime check out "A Wistful eye - the tragedy of a titanic shipwright" by DJ Kelly who based it on the true story of their g g grandfather w kelly. Running out of room , Cheers, Victoria

Offline Kanga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Belfast - Paterson & Kelly
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 January 18 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Victoria

Re my post in 2007:

I did not mention Robert's occupation only that of his father's as per the marriage certificate.

Much research has been done since 2007 and I am in contact with your relatives in England and Canada.

I will send you a PM (personnel message). 

Kanga