Author Topic: RISK Surname - Mainly Stirling, Dunbarton, Renfrew & Lanark.  (Read 52313 times)

Offline Jamie Risk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RISK Surname - Mainly Stirling, Dunbarton, Renfrew & Lanark.
« Reply #72 on: Friday 10 October 14 15:43 BST (UK) »
I wonder if there is any interest in knowing currently living Risk's, me being one of course. My father is called James Risk, my grandfather is William Risk, i also have two uncles named William and Thomas Risk, also alot of cousins that have the Risk surname.

Offline bfr89x

• RootsChat Extra
  • Inquisitive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 11 October 14 01:28 BST (UK) »
I have just trawled through a lot of posts on this subject and among them I came across one from Frisky 1 which stated in part that they were in possession of:
Inventory and valuation of stock, household furniture and effects |James Edmond dec'd 10 July 1869.

Frisky 1, if you are still around, let me know. I would like to have a look at that as I have a Risk/Edmond connection and I will pass on my Private email address.

Regards.
Buchanan, Aitken, Fleming, Guthrie, Muirhead, Edmond. Dumbartonshire, Stirlingshire, Ayrshire

Offline Coline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 07 March 15 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jamie,
I haven't visited this site for quite some time so missed your message. Are you Jamie Risk from Gowston, Buchlyvie? I would love to have contact with you and be able to fill in the gaps of recent generations. With perseverance it is possible to go backwards for generations on the internet, but of course nothing is available for current years. Over time I have amassed a huge amount of data on the Risks descended from James Risk 1700-1772 and am happy to share this with you.
Regards,
Coline.

Offline Jamie Risk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 07 March 15 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Sadly not, i was born in Dumfries. But my family are all from the Coatbridge/Airdrie area.

Offline ljsommerville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 09 May 20 20:48 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Mary Risk (nee Paterson) possibly born around 1773, who was married to John Risk (my 5th Great Grandfather) and had a son as per the information from Old Parish Register Births: William Risk born 1 Sept 1796 with a residence listed: Touchgoven Stirling. William married Margaret Rait on April 22 1815 St Ninians Stirling and it is through their son John Thomson Risk (1820-1893) that I am linked to Risk's. I can not seem to find any information further on Mary Risk (nee Paterson) such as her actual birthdate, who her parents were or where she was buried etc. I also have not come across any other siblings for William Risk so I believe he may have been the only surviving child and possibly Mary Risk (nee Paterson) died after childbirth maybe? I found a John Risk married to a Margaret Lapslie, 23 Nov 1796 St Ninians and was thinking possibly John remarried shortly after Mary's death. If anyone has any information about Mary Risk (nee Paterson) or John Risk or William Risk (Born 1 Sept 1796) I would love to know more about this branch of the family. I also found a William Risk b 1796 married to an Elizabeth Hall in 1836 but do not think this is also my William of 1796 because of the dates of birth of the children from Margaret Rait and those of Elizabeth Hall overlap one another. Thank you in advance my email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 10 May 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
A Moses Risk owned the long gone Provanmill Distillery in Glasgow. A couple of rare bottles for sale online!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline ljsommerville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Sunday 10 May 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
Since my previous post yesterday (May 9 2020), I have received an update from ancestry. com on DNA results and it looks like my William Risk (1 Sept 1796) is one in the same as the William listed with the date 1796 and Elizabeth Hall is his 2nd wife. The DNA results gave me information for a half cousin through William and Elizabeth's daughter Jane Malcom (nee Risk) Morton is my 4th Half Great-Aunt.

Offline C4520

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Monday 27 July 20 18:34 BST (UK) »
This is a message for Coline so I'm really hoping you might still check this Board! I am a great great great granddaughter of William Risk (born: 1796) who married Elizabeth Hall.  If you are still interested I have a lot of the recent Risk details but am struggling a bit with some of the older details such as William Risk's grandfather, who I believe was John Risk (born 1725), including who he married and who his parents were. I would love to swap notes as we are keen to create a book of the Risk history.

Fingers crossed you get this!

Offline C4520

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm posting again in case anyone would like to connect and share notes on the Risk Family.  I am a great granddaughter of Ralph Risk, born 1892, and Margaret Robertson, born 1894.  I'm currently trying to put together a family history for my granny and would love to speak to others who have already been down this road. Many thanks, Clare