Author Topic: Lookup Maidstone Parish Records - Baptisms 1900 - 1911  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup Maidstone Parish Records - Baptisms 1900 - 1911
« on: Monday 12 March 07 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone look up the parish records for the children of Benjamin and Lavinia Latter,  1901 -1911.  1901 census they were living at 75 Dover Street, Maidstone

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Maidstone Parish Records - Baptisms 1900 - 1911
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 March 07 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you are looking for their births and you know their christian names - you can now search the full GRO index yourself free of charge at
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx

Choose “Complete BMD Index Ranges & Images 1837-1983

The partially transcribed index (freebmd) can also be searched on the same website or at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

Freebmd alone shows almost 150 births in Kent with the surname Latter between 1901-1911 and unfortunately - mothers maiden names were only shown on entries from the September quarter of 1911 so you really need to know their christian names

If you are asking to look up their baptismal records - what church is involved and when were they baptised?  Baptisms could take place weeks/months/years after a birth and in many cases - not at all.  Do you have any proof that the children were baptised?

It is an impossible task to look up 11 years of baptismal records without any info as to birthyears/christian names/denomination. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 March 07 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  I realise it is very difficult to trace children who were born between 1901 and 1911.

However I have found out that Benjamin and Lavinia Latter's first child Nellie was baptised at St Michaels and all Angels Church, Maidstone.

It is really being lucky and finding another person researching the same family, or having access to the parish records.

Yvonne

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 21:08 BST (UK) »
Ellen Kate baptised St Michael & All Angels, Maidstone 14 Jul 1901, 75 Dover St, mineral water bottler dau of Benjamin & Lavinia Kate LATTER was the only one I could see to 1911.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Scott1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 21:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

Yvonne

Offline ClairP1980

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 August 09 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Only just came across this post by accident - I have info on Lavinia Kate Harris (Latter) and Benjamin. I can also only see Ellen Kate as their daughter - same on the 1911 census. In 1911 they lived at 2 Zion Cottages, Priory Road, Dartford. I have lots on info on Lavinia as she was my g-grandfather's sister.

Let me know if you want any of this info.

C
Parker in Richmond, Kingston, Barnes, Surrey and Brighton, West Firle, Ringmer, Eastbourne, Sussex.
Harris in Boughton, Sheldwich, Kent,
Ryder in Bovingdon, Hertfordshire.
Wearon in Rotherhithe, Deptford, Greenwich, London.
Messer in Richmond, Surrey.
Keane and Parker in Sale, Stockport, Cheshire.
Warr in Brighton, Sussex.
Colabeen, Colobeen in Lewes, Ringmer and Brighton.