Author Topic: Skinners/Herriots= completed  (Read 18900 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Skinners/Herriots
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Must have been a different query, as this one looks intact.
I make sure I retranscribe everything, or just give an excerpt so that the copyright isn't infringed upon...
if stuff is copied verbatum from the censuses or BMD transcripts, it gets deleted...I always jump when I see the big bold blue type on the page saying someone's postings were deleted due to copyright...
Poor Karen used to spend half a day at the library...and a good deal more time tryping it up...only to find it deleted the next day...
always copy your information to a word file, just in case this does happen, as it is up to the discretion of the mods & copyright editors what will or won't be deleted...If it looks copied, then it may get the kibosh!   :o

all the best...J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Oh, and in answer to the not everything fits...part, your family has names, etc. to help piece it all together...when they are all in seperate households and children give their own interpretation of when ( or if)  they immigrated and what year they were born...look out! It's puzzle time!

But then we have a pretty savvy crew here on rootschat...and on this Canada board...plenty of great detectives....( nice teamwork as allways - MJP & Karen!)

;D  J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline grammatj8

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 02:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes they are great detectives.  Since my step MIL has passed away, and there were no relatives that we were aware of, now I am finding there could be a whole tree here.  Thanks again. 
Now we are also going to try my husbands maternal mother, who passed away when he was young.  Deuchars last name.  How would I go about finding out when his father married his mother as there is nobody to help us there.  I figure if I get that information I will be able to go backwards on that family tree.  I might also find the information on her death certificate.  That date I know just about.  Any suggestions detectives?

Johnston – Guelph
Deuchars – Scotland
Tierney – Ireland
Brubacher
Shevers – Scotland
Mitchell  - Fraser, Murray, Gauld, Metcalfe, Anderson,
Shand, Thain, Robson.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Sure grammat

What's the first names?  Where were they from?  Seems to be a few in the USA?

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline grammatj8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Karen, Ross Tierney married Roebina Deuchars - although it was here in Toronto, Catholic I believe and it would have been around 1948.  As their first was born 1949.  I don't believe their are records out their yet for anyone's perusal for that date.  But who knows with the great detective I have found.  You have been a great help.  So suggestions are always welcome also. We also know Roebina died May 8th, 1968 in Richmond Hill, and is buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery in Richmond Hill. 
Johnston – Guelph
Deuchars – Scotland
Tierney – Ireland
Brubacher
Shevers – Scotland
Shand, Thain, Robson.

Offline MJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great-grandfather Private Arthur Henry Prior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi grammatj,

Looks like you have done a fair bit of research!  I would just like to point out that I think the 1861 census you mention is incorrect (not your family). 

1861 census Harriott James 40, Jenett 41, Samuel 13, Robert 11, James 8, David 6, George 4, and John 1.

There is another couple called James and Jennet Harriott in Galt at the same time - their children can also be found in the BMD records.  They may be related to your George and Elizabeth (perhaps James and George are brothers?), but they are not the same people. 

Unfortunately the 1861 is not online anywhere, so I can't check for George and Elizabeth for you...

Hope this helps!

MJP
Information given in census transcriptions is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Eagle (Yorkshire), Prior (Berkshire), Buckland (Nottinghamshire),
Short (Devon), Sinclair (Caithness, Scotland), Patterson (Co. Tyrone, Ireland)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Grammat,

Do you know the names of Ross and Roebina's parents?

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline grammatj8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 14:12 GMT (UK) »
No, I figured if I knew that, then I could go further.  I will try to tweak Hubbys memory regarding his Dad,  although I think I remember him saying something about his Dad  not living with his parents, maybe they died at an early age.  I will ask him again tonight.
Johnston – Guelph
Deuchars – Scotland
Tierney – Ireland
Brubacher
Shevers – Scotland
Shand, Thain, Robson.

Offline grammatj8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile