Author Topic: Henry DOMAILLE and Mary ?- St Peter Port Guernsey  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Barandos

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry DOMAILLE and Mary ?- St Peter Port Guernsey
« on: Wednesday 14 March 07 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Can someone please tell me about the ancestry of Henry Domaille born St Peter Port 19/9/1807. He married Mary ?. born abt 1804. I believe they had the following offspring - William, Henry, Mary and Jean. I am also interested in Mary ?'s background.

The 1841 census indicates that the family lived at 9 Mill Street St Peter Port but the father is not shown on the return. The 1851 census seems to indicate the family moved to 20 St Georges Esplanade SPP where father is shown as a mariner. The 1861 census shows the family living at 40, Fountain Street SPP. The father Henry is shown as a grocer. Both Henry and Mary stayed at 40 Fountain Street up until the census of 1891 by which time Mary was shown as a widow. Mary died in St Peter Port 2/5/1891

The son William became a sailmaker and mariner, eventually moving to Bristol where he married in 1883. His marriage certificate shows his father's name to be William (deceased) as opposed to Henry on the census.

I have come to a complete block now and desperately need some help.