Author Topic: Tasmanian lookup - LOCKE-WATERS family COMPLETED  (Read 11012 times)

Offline Aledoug

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmanian lookup - LOCKE-WATERS family COMPLETED
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 06:44 GMT (UK) »
I can help you with some details of Dorothy's children - am trying to track down Mary Davis, who moved from South Africa to the UK in about 1960-70
Thanks

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aledoug  :)

Welcome to rootschat :)

The only info I have for Dorothy's children are their names and places of birth and would love to have more information.

I am not aware of a Mary DAVIS unless you are referring to Dorothy Mary, the youngest child of Dorothy and her husband Harold DAVIS.  The brief information came to me from a relative from South Africa who visited one of my OH's relatives many years ago and left quite a bit of family information along with some family photographs.

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 December 08 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Aledoug and I are sharing information by pm and email.  I wonder if this thread will ever be completed ;D ;D

Season's Greetings
Cando

Offline MaryDingle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 August 09 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all
I am new to roots chat but I am part of the Ward/Steggall family and have been looking for the links to the two girls who survived to marry, Jane Ward died aged 16 I believe, Rachel Elizabeth my Great Grandmother married John Hyde, Harriett married a Richard Piper and Mary Jane as we see married Henry Archer Locke-Waters. Can anyone please help me with further information of the Locke-Waters family including Geoffrey Harrington Archer Locke-Waters and Elizabeth Evelyn Locke-Waters and any leads to the children of Mary Jane and Henry Archer and also Harriet and Richard Piper.
Best wishes
Mary

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

I can help you with your enquiry.  Geoffrey Harrington Archer Locke WATERS was born Henry Archer WATERS and changed his name. 

I have lots of information on the family.

Cheers
Cando

Offline MaryDingle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your response Cando how do we exchange family history now please.
Mary

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:24 BST (UK) »
You seem to be referring to  Rosa STEGGALL 1827-1866 and Alfred WARD 1820-1894  and their children Rosa Alice 1852-1867, Rachel Elizabeth 1857-1952, Harriett Clark 1860-1847 and Mary Jane 1862-c1935.

Mary Jane married Henry Archer WATERS 1867-1920.  Their children Muriel 1893-1990, Jocelyn 1894-1926, Dorothy Archer 1896-1974 and John Evelyn Archer 1898-1922.

Rosa's sister Fanny STEGGALL 1823-1876 married Alfred's twin brother, George WARD 1820-1867 and their children George 1852-1942, John Thomas 1854-1931, Henry Whimper 1857-1947.

After the deaths of Rosa in 1866 and George WARD in 1867, Fanny and her brother in law married in 1871.  

After one more post you can personal message me your email and I will send you information including photos of the Henry Archer WATERS family.

I have Rachel Elizabeth's marriage and her children.

Please don't post you email address on the forum as it will be removed by the moderators.

Cheers
Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:31 BST (UK) »
If you reply to this post you will then be able to use the personal message system.  Click the green icon on the left of the screen and it will bring up a new page for you to send a message.

Cheers
Cando

Offline MaryDingle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:34 BST (UK) »
Yes, Absolutely correct Cando thank you we seem to be linked and I would love to be able to fill in some more gaps on our family tree and possibly add more information to your tree if you would like. I don't have any written information re the change of Henry Archer Waters name but I seem to recollect hearing about it in my lifetime. Do you have any of the links to the Archers and are they the same fakily from 'Woolmers' Tasmania?
Best wishes
Mary