Author Topic: Elizabeth HEADLAND's family - Sharnbrook/Souldrop  (Read 20417 times)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth HEADLAND's family - Sharnbrook/Souldrop
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 18:58 BST (UK) »
Lisa,   Yes I need to review this, I was quickly looking through my tree this morning & saw I have recorded a Mare Ann Bailey married to John Thomas Headland, with his mother being Ann. Then I was reading though some notes, probably taken from your tree, that his mother was Mary & banns had been read in March 1844 for her marriage to John Parish Perkins.

I am going to see where the information of his mother being Ann, came from.

Cheers John   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lisasteve34

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 23 March 08 18:05 GMT (UK) »
William Headland b 1768 Souldrop who married Elizabeth Allen at Odell on 29/03/1752.  William's parents are down as John Headland b 1694 Sharnbrook & Douglass Little 1692 Stevington, who married 30/11/1725 Sharnbrook.  John died 1730.

I am not sure if it is right. I have been caught out before assuming these people's trees were correct. 

Hi John in regards to this quite posted a while ago, this is wrong, William's age is wrong the lastest he was born was around 1729. Take a look they have him born 1768 and married 16 years earlier in 1752
still looking for the William Headland baptism. The one who died in 1720 isn't on igi so may be false information and This is the William all along.
regards
Lisa
Headland - Bedfordshire villages
Rockingham -Leicestershire
Howell and Langley - Little Harrowden
Ward - Leeds
Chalkley - Hitchin

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 23 March 08 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Lisa, I agree the year of William's birth is incorrect, & I now have him born circa 1730, but I do not know who his parents are.  The Odell marriage is true, however he is recorded with the name Hadlen, & the PR states both William & Elizabeth came from Souldrop.

.....  Regards John 

by the way I had a letter recently from a Jean Williams of Loughborough via a member interests entry in the Beds FHS journal, her maiden name was Headland & her line is from the Thomas H & Dorothy Johnson family. Do you know of her ?
Clement - Croydon

Offline lisasteve34

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 23 March 08 21:55 GMT (UK) »
No i don't know her. Did she have much to help you? Which child did she come from. So were no closer to making William, thomas and Dorothy's son?
Ward - Leeds
Chalkley - Hitchin

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 24 March 08 10:32 GMT (UK) »
No, I don't know her details, we are corresponding by old fasioned pen & paper & I only responded last week.   I'll let you know if anything is relevant.
Clement - Croydon

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 02 April 08 23:10 BST (UK) »
Lisa,     This lady's line is from William Headland who married Elizabeth Allen & then Elizabeth Evans; through their son Simon Headland 1768 who married Alice Abbott & then & Sarah Bromley; through their son John 1802  who married Ann Knight; through their son Thomas 1827 who married Elizabeth Woods; through their son John William 1856 who married Jane Smith; through their son Albert Henry 1892 who married Miriam Payne.

They have the William Headland chr 1726 Sharnbrook being son of John Headland & Dugliss Little who married 1725; previously John married Ann Dennis in 1714.

regards John
Clement - Croydon

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 03 April 08 07:51 BST (UK) »
Have you any more info on the Elizabeth Smith you mentioned at the start of this thread ? Just wondering if there was a possible link to any of my Smiths in the Knotting area.

Hello Mary Lou; Just picked up on this.....

Elizabeth Smith's baptism on 2/Feb/1726 Sharnbrook has parents William & <blank> Smith. The IGI has member submitted entries that suggest these were William Smith & Elizabeth Harper who married 26/Jan/1721 at Elstow; with first child Mary chr Elstow 25/12/1722. I would want to check Elstow PR first before I will accept this. However the same member entry has children William 6/2/1729, John 24/4/1737 & Matthias 3/1/1742 all christened Sharnbrook, which are in the PR so there is some element of truth.  As to if these link to your Knotting family I do not know.

.... regards John 
Clement - Croydon

Offline lisasteve34

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 03 April 08 07:52 BST (UK) »
Son the William that we thought may be Dorothy and Thomas is actually the son of John and Doudlis. however when someone else mentioned it the birth date was wrong

William Headland b 1768 Souldrop who married Elizabeth Allen at Odell on 29/03/1752. William's parents are down as John Headland b 1694 Sharnbrook & Douglass Little 1692 Stevington, who married 30/11/1725 Sharnbrook. John died 1730.

I am not sure if it is right. I have been caught out before assuming these people's trees were correct.

Hi John in regards to this quite posted a while ago, this is wrong, William's age is wrong the lastest he was born was around 1729. Take a look they have him born 1768 and married 16 years earlier in 1752

I'll check IGI and see if i can find it
Regards Lisa

p.s Are you at the show this year?
Ward - Leeds
Chalkley - Hitchin

Offline lisasteve34

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 03 April 08 08:04 BST (UK) »
I Have just fround on IGI  William Hedland B: 13 Dec 1719, Souldrop Beds. Son onf Thomas and Dorothy. Death 16th October 1812. Is this him? Also same dates and his marriage to Elizabeth Evans.

The William Hedland born to John and Duglass is born 1726 and Sharnbrook. This is not him as i have records that he was from Souldrop. Non of ours came from Sharnbrook. Think she may have it wrong.
How reliable is IGI?. It has all the other facts correct so would be odd to have that one date wrong
regards
Lisa
Ward - Leeds
Chalkley - Hitchin