Author Topic: Albrighton photos  (Read 5255 times)

Offline UKfamilyrecords

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Albrighton photos
« on: Saturday 27 November 04 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Dear All,
            I am trying to put together some stuff on my Albrighton family and would love some photos of the area. It's difficult for me to get there living in London as I do and was wondering if anyone had any good photos old or contemporary of the town stored on their hard drive. I do not want anyone to go to great lengths for me just if they had something handy.

Many thanks, Michelle
Researching family trees since 1985.
My family: Jackson of Southwark -- West of Brentford -- Adcock of Westminster -- Stevens of Westminster -- Wynes of Gloucestershire -- Randell of Hackney -- Hern of Berkshire -- Soanes of Oxfordshire -- Holman of Totnes -- Avery of North Tawton.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Albrighton photos
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 November 04 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Michelle

Do you mean Albrighton just on the north side of Shrewsbury?  If so, I live just down the road and would be willing to take some photos for you.

Let me know what area you are interested in!!!!

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline UKfamilyrecords

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 November 04 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jan,
              Thanks so very much for your response and kind offer, but it is actually the Albrighton in between Shifnal and Codsall.

Thanks once again for offering to help.
All the best, Michelle
My family: Jackson of Southwark -- West of Brentford -- Adcock of Westminster -- Stevens of Westminster -- Wynes of Gloucestershire -- Randell of Hackney -- Hern of Berkshire -- Soanes of Oxfordshire -- Holman of Totnes -- Avery of North Tawton.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 November 04 08:31 GMT (UK) »
What a shame  :(

Although I have lived in Shrewsbury all my life, I am not at all familiar with Shifnal, Codsall, Albrighton etc.  Of course I have heard the names but that's about it :-\

Sorry :-[

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 December 04 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Don't know what's in the newspaper about Albrighton but try this site:

www.shropshirestar.com/index.shtml

Cheers
Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline UKfamilyrecords

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 December 04 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Keith,
I'll take a look. All the best, Michelle ;D

Offline Brady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 January 05 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Try this website, It has lots of photo's on it and a message board it is the Local website for Albrighton, Shropshire.

Best wishes Becky
Names: Troth, Elcock, Cadwallader, Brady
Areas: Shropshire, Stafford, Worcestershire Co.Longford, Lanark

Offline Brady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 January 05 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Try this website, http://www.albrighton.com/

It has lots of photo's on it and a message board it is the Local website for Albrighton, Shropshire.

Best wishes Becky
Names: Troth, Elcock, Cadwallader, Brady
Areas: Shropshire, Stafford, Worcestershire Co.Longford, Lanark