Author Topic: Baptisms/Marriage(s) - Tracing John SNELL, and parents  (Read 8590 times)

Offline jeenie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms/Marriage(s) - Tracing John SNELL, and parents
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 March 07 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, everyone. 

"Our" John SNELL, the subject above, from Cornwall, town unknown, died in South Australia 9 Jun 1918 age 84.   (His older sister Elizabeth is recorded here as born in Bodmin.)   :-[

For what it is worth, there is another John SNELL, this time from Chacewater in Cornwall, who also died in South Australia, 20 Mar 1914 age 80.

Jeenie.
Harvie -  Dunbartonshire 1864
Tait     -   Maybole 1858

Offline jeenie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 May 07 15:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you again for your ideas and suggestions.  What I have eventually found would take a full page to explain.  Suffice it to say, briefly, is it appears that Elizabeth, Susan and John had an older sister Jane baptised in 1815;  there is no doubt that her parents were John SNELL and Ann BUCKINGHAM who married 1814 and little doubt her younger siblings were John Buckingham 1817, Eliza Ann 1820, Mary Ann 1824, Elizabeth 1828, Susan 1829, and John 1834 - and Edwin who was baptised 1832 and died 1833.  Also Jane was in the St Ervan 1841 Census.  Most of the above seem to have married in South Australia - also Edwin Saunders SNELL 27Mar1860 age 23. 
Thank you again.   :D

Now all I have to do is find the parents of John and Ann.   ::)   ;D

[refer to new posting 05 April 08 - for Ann Buckingham lookup]

Harvie -  Dunbartonshire 1864
Tait     -   Maybole 1858

Offline L44

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 February 16 12:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm a descendant of Eliza Ann hill (snell) and John hill.
I am having trouble finding when Eliza and her parents John and Ann snell arrived in Australia.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 February 16 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Linda,

I am very sorry but your message to Jeenie has sadly bounced back to us, it looks like they have changed email address but we do not know what the new one is.. :'(

Old members do log in I hope this will be the case here.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KAF

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 January 18 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, I am new to using this chat forum so I am unsure if everyone that has used this thread before will be notified??
I am also researching John Snell & Ann Buckingham. I am in Western Australia and my husband has Snell's in his family. John Snell & Ann Buckingham are actually ancestors of friends of ours and I am trying to see if there is a link between our and their Snell's. John & Ann came to South Australia via Tasmania and our Snell's came straight to South Australia. All came from Cornwall and all were miners. It would seems unusual that they all came from the same area and ended up in the same area on the other side of the world and not have been related in some way. I am just looking for that elusive person that binds them together!
After reading other conversations, I can confirm that Edwin Saunders SNELL was Jane's son and grandson to John & Ann. They adopted and raised him from what I was told and that is how he came to South Australia with them.
Does anyone here have a family tree on Ancestry or completed the Ancestry DNA test? My husband has, so I am also trying to use this to track down ancestors. It is a very interesting tool and has helped me greatly with my Italian heritage.
I hope to hear back from some of you soon.
Kerry  :)

Offline L44

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 January 18 17:41 GMT (UK) »
I don't have much to offer. I'm a descendant of John Snell/Ann Buckingham.
I'm fairly new to searching and up to now have just been searching online.
I've just been recently looking for information on the children of John and Ann Snell.
I believe John Snell / Ann Clarke married St Austell June 3 1786 are the parents of John Snell born 1786 .