Author Topic: Archibald & Edith Crawford  (Read 1849 times)

Offline baviera

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Archibald & Edith Crawford
« on: Tuesday 20 March 07 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody have Archibald in there tree.
He was born in Scarborough abt 1883 he had a brother Walton c1882. His parents were Walton Crawford and Elizabeth Medd they were married 1881 in Pickering.
The Family moved to Pickering from Scarborough where Walton had a jewelers and watchmakers shop. Archibald was a watchmakers apprentice on the 1901 census. He married Edith M E Dixon in 1913. What happened to him did he have any children when did he die. Would love to find out.

Baviera

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald & Edith Crawford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Births Sep 1914   (54%)
CRAWFORD   Elizabeth M    (mother's maiden name DIXON)   
Pickering 9d 901

You can look for other children on the complete images of the GRO at http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx - it takes a while to work through the quarters, but with a little patience it's usually possible to find the info you want.

Rambler 
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ellie McLaughlin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 September 16 20:08 BST (UK) »
A very late reply - however I am currently searching my Grandma's family history and pinning down the family tree of the Crawfords - with a quick Google search I found this post. My grandma's name is Elisabeth Crawford Ridewood who is now almost 80 and her mother was Archibald's only child (Elisabeth Mary but always known as Tissie). He died when my Grandma was approximately 12 years old. I hope this clarifies things for you, and wonder if you ever did manage to find out all those years ago. If you don't mind me asking why did you wish to find out?

Offline cmiddleton

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 June 17 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have an old pocket watch that was passed down in the family and I would love to find out a purchase history. I've been told by an antique dealer that the watch is dated back to 1862. In the back of the watch is a paper disk that says W.Crawford & Son Watch Maker of Burgate Pickering

I would love to find if this family have any purchase records history perhaps under either of the following 2 names - Mr Robert Wray or Mr John Piercy . I know this is a huge long shot but would be nice to find out who purchased this since there isn't many family members left who knows.

Many thanks,
Charlotte