Author Topic: help with death and name of cemetery dublin-re byrne  (Read 7935 times)

Offline jackie o gorman

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
help with death and name of cemetery dublin-re byrne
« on: Saturday 27 November 04 23:59 GMT (UK) »
wonder could anyone help with the name of cemetery which my relatives may be buried in the family lived for many years at railway cottages lansdowne rd Dublin and were r.c.
family as follows
valentine Byrne born 10/10/1875 and may have died about 1953 somewhere Lourdes rd has been brought into conversation is this the cemetery?Kathleen Byrne(nee gaffney) may also have died about 1953 any help will be very much appreciated.
known children of family are
Mary Margaret Byrne 1905
Kathleen Byrne 1908
Eliza Byrne 1910
Gus Byrne
Mellie(maybe Imelda)Byrne
bob Byrne
Bernard Joseph Byrne 1924 all born Dublin city
thank you Jackie
nutley,dabbs-chichester-brighton-lewes
clegg-rochdale,manchester,stockport
davies-rochdale,manchester,altrincham cheshire
mccallum-moore-muir,ardrossan,dreghorn, ayr,scott-irvine scotland-Eire
russell-sutton surrey,chichester sussex

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: help with death and name of cemetery dublin-re byrne
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 November 04 00:25 GMT (UK) »
there are a number of graveyards in Dublin, Glasnevin being one of the biggest, Deans Grange, Balgriffin.

Lourdes Road is on the south side of Dublin City but that does not mean that your reles could not have been buried in Glasnevin on the North side of the city lol...

I will be going into the GRO in town during the coming week and will happily check out your deaths... send me what confirmed information you have and I will do my best to find out what I can for you

MO
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline jackie o gorman

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 04 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mo,Sorry about taking so long to answer your letter not been to well so had a break,hope I hav'nt missed your visit to the gro,but just in case I'm still in time here is as much as I know.
Valentine Byrne died 1953 1q dublin south 2 407 age 78 and I think at the time may have lived lourdes rd?(been mentioned somewhere in among family at some time)and his wife kathleen Byrne(nee gaffney)also died 1953 4q dublin south 2 280 age 71,if I have missed your visit next time you go will you keep this in mind if you get time.Thanks mo not found it very easy doing Ireland from over here so it is very much appreciated.Regards Jackie
nutley,dabbs-chichester-brighton-lewes
clegg-rochdale,manchester,stockport
davies-rochdale,manchester,altrincham cheshire
mccallum-moore-muir,ardrossan,dreghorn, ayr,scott-irvine scotland-Eire
russell-sutton surrey,chichester sussex

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 04 20:33 GMT (UK) »
been Ill myself so don't worry... will print off your details and will do my best...

talk soon

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 January 05 16:22 GMT (UK) »
HI there so new to finding about family but some of my ansestors are buried in mount Jerome Harold's cross
don't know ireland but they came from Dublin and i think that the cemetery have message board on there site hope this imfo helps

Offline katebray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 February 05 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Post your request in the Rootsweb page Cemetery Lookups, or Cemeteries in Dublin, or a one name look up,

regards catherine
I AM RESEARCHING THE SURNAMES BRAY CULLEN, FARRELL,KEOGH,SHERIDAN,SULLIVAN, all in the area of Dublin.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 February 05 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Catherine

Will follow all your surgestions

Valeried

Offline Taidquest

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 February 05 01:43 GMT (UK) »
wonder could anyone help with the name of cemetery which my relatives may be buried in the family lived for many years at railway cottages lansdowne rd Dublin and were r.c.
family as follows
valentine Byrne born 10/10/1875 and may have died about 1953 somewhere Lourdes rd has been brought into conversation is this the cemetery?Kathleen Byrne(nee gaffney) may also have died about 1953 any help will be very much appreciated.
known children of family are
Mary Margaret Byrne 1905
Kathleen Byrne 1908
Eliza Byrne 1910
Gus Byrne
Mellie(maybe Imelda)Byrne
bob Byrne
Bernard Joseph Byrne 1924 all born Dublin city
thank you Jackie

hi there,i can't help with the names in your request but the rest of the address for lourdes road is; lourdes road, maryland,dublin 8. the main road off this housing estate (built in the late 1920s) is called 'cork street'.the whole estate has roads with names like,rosary road,ave maria road ,e.t.c. and there is a lovely statue of 'our lady' just beyond the corner of lourdes road.
as for mount jerome cemetery, its owners are the massey family(funeral directors) catholic burials would only have taken place there after 1920,before then a lot of catholic burials would have been in 'glasnevin cemetery' which is on the north side of dublin.i think it was something to do with a gravediggers strike in glasnevin in 1920 that brought about that change.i hope this little bit of background helps you in some small way.by the way i also have gaffney relatives and an aunt of mine married into that family.i do have a census list somewhere with all the gaffneys  in the 1901 census for arklow county wicklow,thats where our gaffney family came from originally.another coincidence the aunt in question also came from the 'maryland' area. regards taid

<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 13 May 16 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

The following are from The Irish Independent newspaper.

10 March 1932

Dublin Lady Professed in Australia.

The profession took place at the Convent of Mercy, Victoria Square, Perth, of Elizabeth (Lily) Byrne (Sister Mary Attracta of the Eucharistic Heart), daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Valentine Byrne, 11 Railway Ter., Lansdowne Rd.

25 March 1953

Byrne (Dublin)—March 24, 1953 at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Valentine, dearly-loved husband of Kathleen Byrne, 10 Lourdes Road, Dolphin’s Barn and late C.I.E., Lansdowne Road Station; deeply regretted by his sorrowing wife, sons, daughters, relatives and friends. R.I.P. Remains will be removed to-day (Wednesday) at 6 o’c to St. Therese’s Church, Donore Avenue. Funeral to-morrow (Thursday) after 10 o’c Mass to Glencullen Cemetery.

24 November 1953

Byrne (Dublin)—Nov. 22 1953 at Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross. Kathleen, relict of Valentine Byrne, 10 Lourdes Road, Dolphin’s Barn, and mother of Sister Mary Attracta, St. Anne’s Nursing Home, Perth, Australia: deeply regretted by her loving sons, daughters, relatives and friends. R.I.P.  Funeral to-day (Tuesday) from Hospice after 9 o’c Mass to Glencullen Cemetery. Australian papers, please copy.

22 November 1954

In Memoriam

Byrne—First Anniversary—In sad and loving memory of our dear mother, Kathleen Byrne, who died Nov 22, 1953: also  our dear father, Valentine Byrne, who died March 24, 1953, late of 10 Lourdes Road.  R.I.P.—Sadly missed by sons, daughters, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law and grandchildren.

Better late than never.

Regards,

Michael Campion.