Author Topic: family ulster site  (Read 4625 times)

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
family ulster site
« on: Friday 23 March 07 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello
if anyone has used this site please can they give me an idiot proof way of obtaining a copy of a birth cert it say's enter details in box and i can see no where that it will allow me to do this  ::)
I'm quite sure i'm missing something but WHAT
thanks in advance
aeroqueen

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: family ulster site
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 March 07 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aeroqueen,

You simply select which service you would like to use then choose year and what type of certificate you are seeking.

As to the details, you have to fill the details at the message box on PayPal at the bottom where it says: Note or Message that is where you are to put the details: Charles Quill(e) or whatever you need to tell the person to look up. Hint: If you do not have a PayPal account, you have to register with them first in order to pay for the service.

But if you want a copy of the certificate, won't it be better if you were to order it from one of two GROs in Ireland/Northern Ireland?

From Ireland, you can get a photocopy for only 6 euros or a certified one for 10 euros. It will take about 4 weeks to deliver the entry to you.

From Northern Ireland, you have two different prices: 11 pounds if you do not have a reference information (online application) or 5.50 pounds if you have reference information (this must be posted by the post). it will take about 10 days to process your application from the receipt of your application.

Kind regards,

Tees

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 March 07 23:37 GMT (UK) »
hello Tees
thankyou so much for your reply
your explanation of how to go about it is appreciated
kind regards
aeroqueen

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 March 07 09:01 GMT (UK) »
I am glad I am not the only one who failed to discover how to fill in their online form!    I ended up emailing them the details and paid separately.   I am sure they lose a lot of custom because of it.   They were very efficient once I had emailed though.
Andrea

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 March 07 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea
I'm just glad that i posted the message i was a tad concerned that i was about to make a "public twit" of myself again  ::)
your probably right in what you say about them losing custom, through the not very clear instructions I for one could have given up anyhow thanks to TEES i'm all sorted now.
kind regards
aeroqueen

Offline familyulster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 March 07 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello to everyone from Brian at FamilyUlster. We are hoping to add a box on the request page but Paypal has not allowed this yet, however we have added a better step-by-step explanation to our BMD requests page. hope this helps and thank you for your requests.

Brian

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 March 07 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Brian, you give us a sterling service.  I am really pleased with the results which I get from you.  Thanks again, Rosemary
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 March 07 22:55 BST (UK) »
Brian, you give us a sterling service. I am really pleased with the results which I get from you. Thanks again, Rosemary

I agree...have used the service for a couple of years or so now.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .