Author Topic: Moran Family.  (Read 4323 times)

Offline trudi

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moran Family.
« on: Sunday 25 March 07 20:18 BST (UK) »
 Looking for any descendants of
 Laurence Moran  Circa 1846  Ireland
 Margaret Moran Circa  1860  Ireland
Catherine Moran dob 1881 Liverpool
 Thomas Moran dob 1884 Liverpool
 Michael Moran  dob 1886 Liverpool
Mary Moran dob 1890  Liverpool
Richard Moran  dob 1891  Bootle
Joseph dob 1894 Liverpool
Frances dob Liverpool

Living at 18 Aber Street on 1901 Census
 Any information on this family would be very helpful as Laurence and Margaret were my
Great Great Granparents Thankyou......

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Moran Family.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 20:30 BST (UK) »
taking joseph's date of birth I looked whn he would have been 21, ie 1915 to start. i found

a Joseph moran married alice lynch in west derby (liverpool) mar 1916  ref 8b 725.Fortunately by then they started putting the spouses name on the index (1911-12 i think).
I also looked in the Moran births but couldnt find any up to 1920 with mothers maiden name lynch.
The Indexes are available free on  www.ancestry.co.uk

Its just a question of trawling through them really...finding marriage..spouses name..
childrern that fi with mums maiden name/dads surname.
Unfortunately no one seems to have told  my great aunt emily.... :( 
best
jed

Offline trudi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 20:36 BST (UK) »
 Hiyah Jed59
 Thanks for your reply Laurence and Margaret were my GGranparents came from Ireland  Margaret was a Lynch before marriage her father Richard Lynch was a Ships watchman havn,t found as to where in Ireland he came from .

Trudi..

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
This is them in 1881 (census information crown copyright)

Information removed due to possible copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.
margaret gives her age as 22 at time of census (3rd april 1881) so this birth would be likely march 1858 west derby ref 8b 279.. i would think.Do you have the certificate? Ill look on 1861 for them.
BTW please call me jed everyone does....

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 21:56 BST (UK) »
cant find her in 1861.....lots of margaret lynches but none with dad richard.....maybe someone else would have more luck.. richard might just have told census bloke where he was born exactly....
sorry not more help.
Jed (john)

Offline trudi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 April 07 11:15 BST (UK) »
 Hiyah Jed
 Thanks so much for looking for me yes Margaret Lynch my GGgran had her age  down as 19 on marriage cert in Liverpool 1879 neither she or Laurence were literate .Richard seems to be a bit of a mystery he was on census at 3 Lander Sreet L/pool with his bil and sister nephew Maurice Hurley  and abbe richards wife in 1881 and abbe was down as a witness for margaret and laurence on wedding cert.. Will  have to lookat some of the Irish sites to try to locate Richardi am already doing this with my Hennellys and also have Morans and Cairns so will be busy for quiet a time.

Trudi..