Author Topic: Help Offers all now Completed - Thanks Scatty  (Read 28207 times)

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Re: Help Offer
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

The 1881 census  states that Peter Snr aged 59 is a "Farmer of 14 acres employing one man and Peter Jnr aged 33 is a "Farmers son".
I will look into this family at a little more depth for you.

Regards

Scatty
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gil Barnett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dart Family on Jersey Island
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 October 05 04:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scatty,

I have one line that I trace back to Jersey. I found a match for George Dart (born 1845) on the 1880 US census that said his birthplace was Jersey. I have used the censuses on the island since then to get an idea of who his family was, etc. The number of Darts on the island is so small and they all seem to have come from England. I've been working under the assumption that most (if not all) of them are related and I've been trying to get a bigger picture about their history. My direct line (George's parents and children left for Canada about 1854) and they settled in Quebec (a dead end) except for George who went to Ontario after he got married and except for a short time in the US stayed there.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can find out more information about this family while they in Jersey? What resources are available and how do I get access to them? What kind of vital information is available, etc.? Any advice would be great.

Offline claudia99

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 31 October 05 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Scatty,
I have an ancestor born in 1807, Jersey.
If I provide more info to you, do you think you  may be able to find a birth record for him.
I am not sure if he was born there from parents "passing through" or if they were there a while.
Regards,
Claudia
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Fagan - Guernsey (1807), Wrexham (census 1841-1871), then Barton upon Irwell from around 1873

Fildes - Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Chorlton, Ashton, Salford (descended from Mary Pritchard and William Fildes, Sir Samuel Luke's grandparents)

Speakman - Manchester and Salford

Bridge - Manchester (initially Ardwick) and Salford

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 31 October 05 22:37 GMT (UK) »

Scatty is having a little break so I am locking her post untill further notice.

Sending you a big hug Scatty  :)

RootsChat
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster