Author Topic: Durkin - Linskey/Lynskey  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Trilobite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Durkin - Linskey/Lynskey
« on: Thursday 29 March 07 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks

I have got to the point now where I am having problems tracing my family tree and was wondering if the following rings a bell to anyone or anyone can help....a little long I am afraid.....

Martin Durkin/Durkan b.1822 married Bridget Devaney b.1828 in 1848 in Killasser, County Mayo (sourced from LDS church). They had numerous children including Mary, Michael, John, James, Ann, Ellen all born in Ireland and then Luke, Martin, Bridget and Thomas born in Bradford, England. I am having problems finding information about Martin Durkin and his siblings/parents the same is also true for Bridget Devaney. I have traced them in Bowling in Bradford but my problems come with the Irish side. I have checked the usual suspects such as the LDS, the east mayo site etc and havent got anywhere.

Their eldest daughter Mary married Thomas Linskey/Lynskey/Linsey (b.1847 Mayo) in 1867 in Bowling, Bradford and from the marriage certificate i ascertained that his father was Henry (a farmer), the Linskeys were from County Mayo. I can't find any trace of Thomas or Henry in Mayo fitting the right dates. Again I have checked the usual suspects. Even if I can get a location in Mayo at least I will have a starting point

Thank you if anyone can help me.
Durkin - County Mayo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Linskey - County Mayo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Cannon - County Sligo & Bradford, Yorkshire
O'Hara - County Sligo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Hilditch - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wilcock - Preston & Burnley
Horsfield - Bury
Howard - Liverpool
Wilson - Scarborough
Gibson - Scarborough
Normandale - Scarborough