Author Topic: Bowraville Cemetery NSW  (Read 7642 times)

Offline Bennick13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bowraville Cemetery NSW
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 September 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip, thanks so much for the info sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been in Canberra over the weekend.  The information u sent is my family tree my great grandfather was Patrick McHugh.  I live in Penshurst, Sydney and I'm very happy to share any information I have that may help you.  I remember going toBowraville when I was little and visiting Mollie Cox, I think she was Leo' brother. I have a photo of Leo ? Was he a priest?.  Cheers Debbie

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 00:06 BST (UK) »
hi again Debbie,

I tried to send you several attachments but I think they were too big.  I did try and send a reply but at first it wouldn't go then after a few minutes it disappeared.  can you let me know if you received it.  my e mail is (*) as it would be easier to exchange information that way.
Philip Cox

(*) See next post.

Offline Bennick13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 00:48 BST (UK) »
Yes I did get one picture last Friday of your father I think u said. My email is (*) and my mobile is (*). Do u live in Sydney ? Debbie

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail and phone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Bennick13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip,  Sorry I received no photos.  Deb

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
Images and files can only be attached to topics on RootsChat by using the attach button. Images can not be sent by PM.

Please do not publicly post your email addresses, this is how spammers pick up on your details and then we loose a way to contact you when you have further replies to your posts.

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 10:51 BST (UK) »
ok thanks for the advice

Offline grrankin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 April 21 06:27 BST (UK) »
I posted in another thread by mistake but here it is again, if anybody can help, please.

Hello, my mother's paternal grandmother was an Emily "Molly" Cox who I suspect may be the same "Mollie" mentioned in this thread.  She married a Plowman from Jerseyville and they had a squad of children, including my grandfather.

For some reason my mother always mentioned Bowraville when she talked about going to visit Molly as a child, so perhaps Molly went back to Bowraville to live after her husband died (?). My mother always referred to Molly as 'Molly Cox' and never Nana Plowman, which is odd. She recalls Molly having cows and watching her milk them. I'd ask her to clarify but she died some years back.

I don't understand why Bowraville was significant to my mother in relation to the Cox family when Molly Cox and her husband and kids resided in Jerseyville. 

Another strange thing is my grandfather and Molly lived at Jerseyville but went to Alstonville to have my grandfather then returned to Jerseyville and had the rest of their kids.

If anybody can shed any light on any of this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Gillian

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 April 21 05:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have been researching the Cox family on an off for years, I am related via Alice Ellen COX a daughter of Henry and Mary Jane COX. Alice was a sister of Henry John COX the husband of Suzannah.

The "Molly" who who is buried at Bowraville died 15.4.1977, I have recorded as Mary Cox born Abt 1891 to Henry John and Suzannah.  The headstone records the given name as Mollie, she is buried with her sister  Eileen who died 30.5.1963, however I have her recorded as Veronica Eileen.

I think your "molly" maybe Emily Clara Cox born 1869 to Henry and Mary Ann COX a sister to Alice Ellen and Henry John Cox, I believe Emily Clara Cox married William John Henry Plowman, their first born  Henry Charles Plowman born 1898 in Ballina

hope this helps

Cass

Ps just noticed Emily Clare not Clara.   headstone and death notice record Emily Clare Plowman