Author Topic: Adams family from Liverpool  (Read 9889 times)

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adams family from Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 February 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Adams was my grt grandfather x2.His son Hugh Henry grt grandfather & his son Frederick my grandad. He was also a plasterer on the Wirral.I have not done any research for a while,but had not got any further back than Samuel.Yes,we must be distantly related but not sure how.I will look on my Ancestry tree.
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline mikeadams1985

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 February 13 18:56 GMT (UK) »
As far as i can trace my family back it goes

me > steven john adams > derick john adams (wife lorna james) > robert john adams

i cant seem to get any further than robert john adams, Who i believe worked for his 2 uncles, at 'adams brothers' when the fibrous plastering started. i would like to trace as much of this back as possible.

regards -mike adams

Offline angelasapple

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 March 13 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have been tracing my family tree Adams on ancestry uk and have got back to 1808. Our Adams family from Liverpool when traced back came from widnes and before that bunny in Nottinghamshire. I believe they had a shop in chatsworth street L7. Look me up on ancestry.com as your Robert may be on one of the census in my tree it's worth a try. Good luck.
Angela Adams.

Offline Jonelainesamelissa

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 March 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm a descendent of Thomas Henry Adams (born 1852) who was a cousin of Hugh Henry Adams. Adams Bros Plasterers were founded in 1916 by his sons. The brothers were Thomas, Richard, Jack, James, William and Robert (my Grandfather). Check out our Adams Family Tree on Ancestry. The family originate from Ireland but because Irish Church records were lost in early 1900's I'm struggling go back further than Henry Adams born circa 1800. My father, who died last year, was a plasterer and director of the business until it went into administration in 1977? Love to hear from anyone with similar connections.

Offline Debra Bouwer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 April 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hello
 I am looking for information of a Robert Henry Adams, whom I believe had a father William. I also believe he as part of the Liverpool Regiment, who served
2/5th Battalion T.F.
Formed at Liverpool Sept. 1914.
Nov. 1914 to Blackpool.
Feb. 1915 to Canterbury in 171st Bde. 57th Div.
July 1916 to Bourley, Aldershot.
Sept. 1916 Woking.
Feb. 1917 landed in France.
1.2.18 disbanded in France; personnel to 2/6, 2/7th, 11th and 12th Bns.

Is there any connection?

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 22:12 BST (UK) »
Sorry Debra,
I don't have a Robert Henry Adams in my tree,so no connection that I know of. :-\
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline Debra Bouwer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 April 18 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am not sure if this may be connected to you
 I am looking for information of a Robert Adams. I also believe he as part of the Liverpool Regiment, who served
2/5th Battalion T.F.
Formed at Liverpool Sept. 1914.
Nov. 1914 to Blackpool.
Feb. 1915 to Canterbury in 171st Bde. 57th Div.
July 1916 to Bourley, Aldershot.
Sept. 1916 Woking.
Feb. 1917 landed in France.
1.2.18 disbanded in France; personnel to 2/6, 2/7th, 11th and 12th Bns.

Is there any connection?