Author Topic: Farquher/Faragher/Fargher ??  (Read 26154 times)

Offline oddmo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Farquher/Faragher/Fargher ??
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 March 06 15:29 BST (UK) »
thanks for your reply; I was most impressed with your web site; it must have taken years of effort and enthusiasm to gather it all in and organise it so well.
Our catherine fargher's parents were thomas and isabelle of ballachrink farm malew. She had sisters jane ann and esther, brother john. Amazing coincidence is this is the farm where we stay when we visit IOM; a beautiful, peaceful spot which overlooks the farm where catherine lived after her marriage to my gt gt uncle
best wishes

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 March 06 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi oddmo,

My mother ofter told me of her holidays she had when she was young in the Isle of Man - never told me the probable reason she also went was that she had relatives there!!

Now I have a couple of photos of her mum and wonder if they were on the Isle!

Hope you took some photos of the Catherine's farm so you can use them when you do your website - quite easy to do these days with the modern software programmes.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline snooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 November 08 16:00 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to complete information in our family bible.
Thomas Fargher of Malew, born 1828 had 2 brothers and a sister.
Peter dob? became a shipwright in Liverpool
"Ettie"farmed at Ballaquaggan
brother? went to the gold mines at Ballarat in Australia.
Can anybody please help with the details?

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 November 08 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

Hope you come back to see this - we had a report from someone hoping to access the info on your website, which sadly isn't working due to the Rootschat webspace problems.

I hope you both get in touch!

And welcome to Rootschat Snooty!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Jeanette Sherwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 November 08 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

Hope you come back to see this - we had a report from someone hoping to access the info on your website, which sadly isn't working due to the Rootschat webspace problems.

I hope you both get in touch!

And welcome to Rootschat Snooty!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Thank you. It is Jeanette Sherwin Moderator comment: email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policy, to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the secure Personal Message service to exchange such info you might need to post a few more times to activate the system)

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 November 08 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to complete information in our family bible.
Thomas Fargher of Malew, born 1828 had 2 brothers and a sister.
Peter dob? became a shipwright in Liverpool
"Ettie"farmed at Ballaquaggan
brother? went to the gold mines at Ballarat in Australia.
Can anybody please help with the details?

Children all bapt in Malew - John 18210908 (born before marriage 18230503;
jane 18230726,Esther Mal 18270601,thomas Mal 18280203,peter Mal 18300626
all at Ballawhitestone in Malew in 1841 - Peter snr there in 1851 farmer of 80 acres (+ wife Hester Quilliam)  - son thomas indicated as boatbuilder only child present -
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 November 08 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I have all my details on my PC - what do you want??!!

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 November 08 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Wednsday July 13, 2005

2)Catherine Fargher Bef September 21, 1730 Malew

3)Willliam Fargher Bef October 8, 1730 Malew

4) William Fargher Bef April 22, 1733 Malew

5) Joney Fargher Abt 1736 Malew

6) Thomas Fargher Bef February 10, 1739/40 Malew

Please reply if you have any info with these names.

A summary of mother's will is on http://www.manxnotebook.com - however I presume you have actually checked the microfilm of the official copy of the Malew register - several of the igi entries are patron submitted (one looks wrong) they also have mother's name which was not a feature of Malew reg until c.1740 apart from illeg's (their first child was illeg but then legitimised by later marrage - the mother's will has child joney but no bapt I can see which is somewhat strange
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline snooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 November 08 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to complete information in our family bible.Thomas Fargher of Malew, born 1828 had 2 brothers and a sister.Peter dob? became a shipwright in Liverpool"Ettie"farmed at Ballaquagganbrother? went to the gold mines at Ballarat in Australia.Can anybody please help with the details?
Children all bapt in Malew - John 18210908 (born before marriage 18230503;jane 18230726,Esther Mal 18270601,thomas Mal 18280203,peter Mal 18300626all at Ballawhitestone in Malew in 1841 - Peter snr there in 1851 farmer of 80 acres (+ wife Hester Quilliam)  - son thomas indicated as boatbuilder only child present -
Hi All,I have all my details on my PC - what do you want??!!Keith