Author Topic: Bird Everton  (Read 8878 times)

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Everton of Trillick
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 13 August 17 06:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm probably coming in too late to this conversation but I'd like to find out when the wife of Fred Everton of Trillick died.  She was Mary (Minnie) Rutledge and they married in December 1918 at Badoney, near Trillick.  It was a late marriage for both of them and I doubt they would have had any children.  Fred died 18 Jan 1936 aged 83.  I haven't been able to find out when Mary died.  I've checked the NI GRO and anything else I can think of but no luck.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions?
Regards
Kessa
Alexander, Edwards, Rutledge, Parker, Wood, Orchard, Henwood, Craig of Australia

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bird Everton
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 August 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm probably coming in too late to this conversation but I'd like to find out when the wife of Fred Everton of Trillick died.  She was Mary (Minnie) Rutledge and they married in December 1918 at Badoney, near Trillick.  It was a late marriage for both of them and I doubt they would have had any children.  Fred died 18 Jan 1936 aged 83.  I haven't been able to find out when Mary died.  I've checked the NI GRO and anything else I can think of but no luck.

Is this not them?

Probate of the Will of Mary Emmeline or Minnie Everton late of Trillick County Tyrone Married Woman who died 6 February 1922 granted at Belfast to Frederick Page Everton Shopkeeper the Husband Effects £1513

Everton Frederick Page of Trillick county Tyrone merchant died 8 January 1936 Probate Londonderry 2 April to John Wilkin merchant. Effects £554 17s. 10d.

Nothing in GRONI's online database so perhaps she died outside Northern Ireland.

Added- also can't see death in England/Wales or Republic of Ireland.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 August 17 01:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey.  I had found the probate record for Frederick Everton but I couldn't find Mary's.   I don't know how I missed that one but I'm so grateful to you for finding it.  It's odd that her death isn't listed anywhere but I'll keep looking for it to tidy things up.
Thanks again.
Kerrie
Alexander, Edwards, Rutledge, Parker, Wood, Orchard, Henwood, Craig of Australia

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 14 August 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Nothing listed for death in Scotland either. Re-checked GRONI & Irish deaths again (Everton & Rutledge) but nothing showing. Perhaps badly mis-transcribed in the index  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 06:12 BST (UK) »
Yes, it looks like the certificate is not indexed under her name. 
Par for the course.
Kessa