Author Topic: Music Hall Middlesbrough 1871  (Read 22995 times)

Offline posteria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Music Hall Middlesbrough 1871
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 07 August 10 13:49 BST (UK) »
need to now look for her birth in the indexes to double check which of these records are correct.

The birth registration in the third quarter of 1894 at Guisborough with reference 9d 469 is shown under both surnames - Elizabeth Mary Jackson and Elizabeth Mary England.

posteria
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sophie30

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 07 August 10 19:23 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness - well I guess she was born out of wedlock?! Tut tut :-)
Well thats really interesting!  So she was 16/17 when she was married and not 21 as her marriage certificate states. I wonder how she got away with that? Unless it was an admin error but I dont know. I dont know whether a birth certificate would have been needed to register a marriage. So James Arthur Yeadon was 16 years her senior.
Thank you - you have been most helpul!

Offline LFNewby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 09 August 10 10:41 BST (UK) »
Nope, I've come across ancestors lying about their ages on marriage certificates as late as the 30s, when you would expect things to have become more regulated, so I imagine that even earlier there would have been no problem!

Offline IanCro

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My father and his sister (Joseph and Charlotte Cromack) were both born in Lower Feversham Street in 1905/7. I know there was St. Peters church at one end where they were christened. I have walked down this street a couple of times lately, all buildings have been demolished now. I often think and hope I may be walking in the same footsteps as my late dad did over 100 years ago. The Oxford Music Hall was also on this street which must have made it a busy place at times, as well as being near to the docks and supporting commercial businesses for the steelworks etc, fascinating !