Author Topic: Aberdeen Angus Cattle and America in 1878  (Read 9659 times)

Offline yarrb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aberdeen Angus Cattle and America in 1878
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 August 10 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa, William Findlay the auctioneer married Isabella Scott, so it is a different family. His son William K. Findlay took over his business and sold it to come to New Zealand in 1913. He married Jessie Anderson Smith from Meethill Peterhead.  Regards Barry.

Offline vernon1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 July 11 22:34 BST (UK) »
quote....(1) Jeannie Gordon, a two-year old heifer, bred by James Smith of Burnshangie; [/b]
I am researching into the history of this Smith family and information is extremely "thin-on-the-ground"!
Does anybody have information/photos etc of James Smith, born 1835, his wife Susan from Peterhead, or their children Mary born 1870, Elizabeth born 1872, William born 1873, and Lucy born 1880.
William Smith married  Helen Beech of Painsley Hall in Staffordshire on September 9th 1902 and became an extremely talented, well-liked orthopaedic surgeon in Stoke on Trent.
John.
Moderator Comment:   Email address removed in accordance with rootschat policy.  Our personal message system clicks in once posters have two or three posts to their credit.  Click on the green scroll under the user name.

Offline Ricard Black

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hello, Jeanne! I am Rick Black. I am related to James King. My grandmother’s father is James Ferguson Blaikie King. Her name is Ester King. I am assuming your husband’s grandfather or grandmother is one of James’s children. Please reach out to me because I would love to learn about my family’s ancestry!

- Rick Black