Author Topic: Elstons of Bourne  (Read 8943 times)

Offline lynhenderson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elstons of Bourne
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 15:15 GMT (UK) »
hi in the 1841 census elizabeth bosworth is living in the work house at bourne with her sisters ann and francis, when she bleft she married goerge elston and had 2 boys william is my great grandfather, she then married mr hewerdine and moved to boston in lincolnshire.

Offline hewey24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn,  Elizabeth Bosworth is also my gt gt grandmother.  She married John Henry Hewerdine after George Elston and had 5 more boys.  Her son Edward from that marriage is my gt grandfather.  Do you have any photos of Elizabeth by any chance.  She died in 1913 so I'm hoping that there are some existing somewhere out there.

Bill

Offline lynhenderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 20:26 GMT (UK) »
hi, no sorry i dont have a photo of her, i wish i did.
Do you know how the marriage to george elston ended? I cannot find his death anywhere.i do have a photo of her son william if that would be any good. Do you know anything about Elizabeths parents or siblings?
Lyn

Offline hewey24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 December 09 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Lyn.  I have some info about Elizabeth.  My email is       
        if you can contact me through there.  I have the marriage cert. for George Elston and Elizabeth Bosworth.  I also have her birth cert. and some info about her siblings.  I would be very interested in the photo of William.  I also have photos of Edward and a photo of another of their brothers Walter if you are interested.  I'd be happy to send you any info you want.

Bill
Moderator comment: Email address removed to avoid spamming etc.  Please use our persoanl message system to exchange such information

Offline lynhenderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 December 09 17:26 GMT (UK) »
hi, that would be great,i can email.you a copy of the photo but it will take a week or so as i have a new laptop and i have to work out how to attach my scanner to it,if you could send me a copy of the certs via email that would be great.any information greatfully recieved i have looked at your tree on ancestry.
My email adress is E-Mail address removed to prevent spamming - please use the personal message facility - Global Moderator thanks and merry christmas
Lyn

Offline yamarual

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 April 17 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hello An65 (and others)... I am currently trying to figure out if I am related to this Elston family of Bourne, Lincolnshire, and having some difficulty sorting out which Elston families were in the county in the early 1800s. The parish records I can access online (Lincolnshire archives, Ancestry limited & familysearch mostly) seem a bit spotty and my leads are pretty weak (although I'm not the most experienced researcher by a long shot). Can anyone recommend a good starting place or pre-existing research for Lincolnshire Elstons that I may not have found?

I have also done some DNA testing--if anyone is interested in connecting in that respect please PM me.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 May 17 12:29 BST (UK) »
Try Freereg and Lincs To The Past 🙂