Author Topic: Crossmolina Church Records  (Read 160883 times)

Offline caz129

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Chruch Records
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 28 February 09 08:28 GMT (UK) »
This is all great news - Martin Lammond lived in Consett Co Durham in England and had 12 children.  He was born 1874 and died in 1960 - he was a coal miner and so was most of his sons.  He maried Annie Smith but I have not found the record of the marriage as yet.
I would really like some birth dates if you have that information.
Many thanks for finding these details its nice to finally find out your roots..
Caroline  ;D

Offline mamev1

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 28 February 09 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Dear Caroline,

I will have to write this in pieces because I have just discovered that there is a limit on length. The Lamin/Lammond/Lamond family is definitely Scottish in origin. We believe that they arrived in Mayo as a result of the Battle of the Diamond and other religious disturbances in the late 18th century. My mother, who passed away at the age of 96, and was the last of her generation, told me that there was a tradition that one of the family had been transported to Australia. I found a James on the ship Ann, who arrived in Sydney in 1800. He had been convicted of being a United Irishman.

Your Martin's grandfather, who was also John, was married to Mary Mullins or Mullin. They had a daughter Elizabeth who was born on June 26, 1833. Martin's father, John, was probably born before that, as the records do not go back beyond 1832. The connection with Mullin families in later records suggests that this is the correct family.

John Lamin was maried to Anne Ruane, daughter of John Ruane and Catherine Callaghan of Crossmolina Town on Feb. 1, 1861. She was born on March 23, 1834. The children who are recorded in the registers are Pat, 1862, John, 1863, Mary, 1864, James, 1868, William, 1870, Thomas, 1871, Catherine, 1873, and Maggie, 1880. Mikie is not recorded and his death certificate indicates that he was born in April of 1870. This is not possible but many of the Irish who came here had no idea what their real birthdates were. As far as Martin is concerned, there is probably a civil record for him.

I have a lot more on these people but cannot send it in this e-mail because it will be too long. Tell me about your family.

Marybeth
County Mayo - Gallagher, Gillespie/Gelaspy, Ruddy, McHale, O'Donnell, O'Boyle, Lammin/Lammond, Mullin, Munnelly, Hughes, Golden, Tigue

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Church Records Lammond
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 28 February 09 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline and Marybeth
I was impressed with all the names you can up with Marybeth- I had to go over each name in my register to compare your names with mine. I have to admit when I copied the pages from the register at my local FHL, the copier was very tired and thus the copies are not too clear. The register was none to clear either!

I would be happy to send you what I have but it does take me a long time to compile it and I usually run out of time on this site so it would be easier to email them back & forth. I will have my email posted under Personal messages, so if you could contact me there using my email, it would be a great help.
I appreciate the feedback on my comments as I would like the register to be as complete, and as correct, as possible.
See you in our emails ladies!
Diane

Offline Yellabelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I only joined this site recently and as a result of the links and information I have received I have found a few links to the Maye family from Mayo from what I have found so far most seem to have been from the swineford area but, I came across a reference to a William Maye in Crossmolina when looking up the Griffiths valuation record.

He was called William Maye and was a tenant of Thomas Sheridan looks like he (rented) a small garden and house. i don't know if he was a relation yet or who his family was or where they went ! any information would be brilliant and most gratefully accepted

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Church Records
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 12 March 09 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I found no brides or grooms marrying into Sheridan and May lines, perhaps they were neighbors?
I found no Wm being born, but did find a Mary born Jan 18 1834 to Wm May and Cetty/Kitty? Monnelly, res Creevy.
Witnesses were Wm Heffernan and Mary Duggan.

Offline twolastnames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 19 March 09 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Diski, Thanks for your kind offer. I really really appreciate it also.

This is what information my mother in law has given me and what I could find.

Anthony William Molloy b-1908 +/- 1, married Annie O'Connor 1931, born 1908+/- 1, Annie died in 1949 in Stockport England.

His children were
Michael J Molloy b-1931
Anthony W Molloy b-1933
Bridget T Molloy b-1934
James L Molloy b1938 d 1945

Annie O'Connor brother was Patrick and her sister was Lottie O'Connor

Anthony's father was also Anthony Molloy
Anthony's mother was Lucy Peacock b- London England?

Anthony's fathers brothers were Tom and Jim and his sisters were Annie and Maud

thanks  :)
Trevor

Offline datxman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Diski,

I hope you can help me a little (well a lot really) I am looking for family that came from Crossmolina I know some details but not many and was wondering if you would be able to either point me in the right direction or if you could check the records for me as I have been trying to find stuff on the internet and I have come to a brick wall.

The details that I have are :

Bridget Gallagher b. 1853 (mother)
John Gallagher b. 1851 (Father)
Thomas b. 1881 (son)
Ellen b. 1883 (Daughter)
Celia b. 1885 (Daughter)
Norah b. 1887 ((Daughter)
Julia b. 1889 (Daughter)
Annie b. 1891 (Daughter)

I know that Ellen Married Michael Kelly circa 1902 but that is all that I know about Michael Kelly so I would be grateful if you could tell me anything about them.

Thanks in advance

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Looking for a Francis Morrison+wife Ann,both born about 1810.They came to England around 1847ish, there birth place in the 1851 census was Mayo but so far cannot trace them. ps son called James also born Mayo
Mitchell Ireland Gavin Ireland  Morrison Ireland Hogan Ireland Kelly Ireland Duggan Ireland

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trevor,
Sorry, I don't mean to be difficult but I am confused with all the Anthonys in your tree and need some clarity.

Please explain just WHO you want me to look up, and the time frame. I am not clear which Anthony was the husb to Lucy Peacock, nor which Anthony was born in Crossmolina and when.
Were the Oconnors from Crossmolina? If so, WHO and when they were born in Crossmolina would be helpful. While the O'Connor name is not so common, it was frequently shortened to Connor-which was very popular in Crossmolina- all the surnames have the same given names so unless there is an uncommon name such as Celia involved with the search it can be very confusing and take a lot of time.
Was Lottic born in Crossmolina?

Thanks Trevor