Author Topic: Crossmolina Church Records  (Read 161568 times)

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Chruch Records
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daxtman
Unfortunately, the time frame you gave is not covered in the church register-it gets very sparse from 1875 on. However, I do have have a John and Bridget (nee KELLY) giving birth to several children in the 1870's in Derra townland, and none of the children are the same as what you gave, so thats encouraging.
I will give you those name and dates but first I would like to know if they were still in Crossmolina in 1901 as well as 1911? I can look for more info in the census records to try and confirm if this is the same family as I have in the register.
Diane

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Kerrill,

Morrison is not a Catholic name, and I did not find any in the Cath Register. I DO have Morrison in the Church of Ireland Register for Crossmolina and several other COI parishes in North Mayo and can not find any Francis Morrison births or marriages. Perhaps you should look for the births or marriages of the one of the first born children in Eng where the parents place of birth might be listed.
Also looked in the International Genealogical Index (aka IGI) and again found no Francis Morrison. Do you know his wifes maiden name?
Diane

Offline datxman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daxtman
Unfortunately, the time frame you gave is not covered in the church register-it gets very sparse from 1875 on. However, I do have have a John and Bridget (nee KELLY) giving birth to several children in the 1870's in Derra townland, and none of the children are the same as what you gave, so thats encouraging.
I will give you those name and dates but first I would like to know if they were still in Crossmolina in 1901 as well as 1911? I can look for more info in the census records to try and confirm if this is the same family as I have in the register.
Diane
Thanks for that Diane I know john and Bridget where in crossmolina in 1911 just don't think the children where, well not all of them.

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daxtman,
I have a family that looks like yours but the date don't work. Let me know what you think-
This is from the 1911 census (maximize your window to view better, although it still overlaps Co of Birth):
TOWNLAND      First   LAST   RELATION   AGE   Birth ear   OCCUP   M,S,W   YRS,#   CO BIRTH
Mullenmore So   1   Anthony   Gallagher   Head   81   1830   Farmer   m      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Celia   Gallagher   Wife   75   1836      m   54/11/7   Sligo
Mullenmore So   1   John   Gallagher   Son   40   1871      m      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Bridget   Gallagher   Dtrlaw   35   1876      m   11/5/5   Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Tho   Gallagher   Gson   9   1902      s      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Celia   Gallagher   Gd   7   1904      s      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Ellie   Gallagher   Gd   5   1906      s      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Anthony   Gallagher   Gson   2   1909      s      Mayo
Mullenmore So   1   Mary   Gallagher   Gd   1   1910      s      Mayo

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 18:27 GMT (UK) »
This looks to be your family in 1901:

1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   John   Head   50   1851   Farmer   Mar   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Br   w   48   1853      Mar   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Tho   s   20   1881      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Ellen   d   18   1883      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Celia   d   16   1885      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Nora   d   14   1887      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Julia   d   12   1889      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Gallagher   Ann   d   10   1891      Single   Mayo   RC
1901   Derry Lower   5   Kearins   Martin   nephew   5   1896      Single   Mayo   RC

Offline datxman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diane,

Yes thats the one that I got but I can't find the Marriage ellen Gallagher to michael Kelly which I believe took place in Crossmolina circa 1902.

Do you have any access to these records.

Thanks for all the effort and hard work you are doing.

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 23:03 GMT (UK) »
No, I don't have anything that 'current' for Crossmolina. I don't have the site address but the CR index is on-line. Perhaps under Ireland on the Rootschat site?

Offline twolastnames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 30 March 09 02:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry about that Diski
I read it again and I also got confused with the Anthony's LOL
I will ask my mother in law if she can give me some more details.
thanks ;D
Trevor

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 30 March 09 07:28 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!