Author Topic: Crossmolina Church Records  (Read 160880 times)

Offline suebristol

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Chruch Records
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 November 07 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi does this include Ballina please?
I wouldlove the Marriage of ..
Ellen Rowlands and Thomas Ruane of Cominch and parents of them if possible.
Husbands G Father was
Hugh Ruane of Cominch Feb 1877 one younger sister called Anne but older one's are  known of,
Thanks so much for the kind offer.
Sue x
Abbott.Roberts.  Flintshire/Debighshire
Oldfield. Turner Paryy Jones/ Northop Flint.

Offline Osca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 June 08 06:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne,Thanks for shareing you information.I have people in Ballysakerry but they are not easy to find and someone told me to try Crossmolina.The name is Samuel Aikins/Ekins,he married Elizabeth Birch around 1800/1812,his son James  was born 1812 he married Catherine Little around 1829 as there son James born 1830Tey shifted to Scotland around 1843 there were  other children ive found on thecencus,Hannah 1833,Ann,1837,Betsy 1841,Margaret 1843.Im pretty sure Samuel stayed in Mayo.I would be very grateful for your help or contacts you may have Thanks Osca.

Offline tjorourk11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Church Records
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 June 08 04:54 BST (UK) »
I have an ancester Named Michael Rourke and his wife Mary Unknown who are listed as living at Barrackhill Newport Mayo in the Griffin.  One of his sons was named William Rourke who lived in Crossmolina.  Do you have any records of Rourke/O'Rourke with marriage or baptism or death records in Crossmolina.  Michael Rourke was born 1800, Willaim was born 1830 Approx.  Other children of Michael were John, Patrick,Edward.  Would like to know others named such as sponsors or parents if any.
Thanks
My address is
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Windy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 July 08 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, Diane

What a wonderful offer, I nearly jumped with joy when I saw it. I have an ancestor who hails from Crossmollina her name is Barbara Langhan (langan) born circa 1822 to John a stonemason and his wife Nancy - I have no other information for John and Nancy.  Barbara married in England in 1853, she was at this point a widow with the surname Sweeney. Given that at this marriage J & N are listed as still in Ireland (although if they are indeed still alive at this point is another question) we are assuming (I know!!!) that she came to England with her first husband Mr Sweeney and that they married in Crossmollina - I can find no record of her life here before her second marriage but there is no evidence of any children from it on subsequent documents. I can find no record of her first husbands given name.

Thank you in anticipation.

Diane (also with just the one n!)
Durcan/Durkin - Sligo to York, Sweeney (nee)Langhan Mayo to York. Mulhearn (spelling?)(nee Brogan) ?Ireland to York.
Bardy - weavers, North Yorkshire to York.
+ Ingleson, Carvel/Carvil

Offline Windy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 July 08 11:34 BST (UK) »
Diane, Hi

I just reread your original post and noticed that you also have the name Sweeney - spooky or what seeing as we have the same given name! However, I am no blood relation (as far as I know) to the Sweeneys.  Other Irish branches are Durcan/Durkin from Sligo and Mulhearn/Brogan with at least one birth given as Queenstown, which was a bit of a puzzle!

Diane
Durcan/Durkin - Sligo to York, Sweeney (nee)Langhan Mayo to York. Mulhearn (spelling?)(nee Brogan) ?Ireland to York.
Bardy - weavers, North Yorkshire to York.
+ Ingleson, Carvel/Carvil

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 August 08 06:16 BST (UK) »
To Sue Bristol

1858 January Marriage of Thomas Ruane and Eleanor Rowland, of Derra.
1859 Jan Can't read
1860 Nov Mary
1862 Dec Ellen?
1864 Can't Read
1866 May, Cant Read
1868 June Cant Read
1870 Nov Margaret
1873 May Mary
1875 Oct Catherine
1879 July Honor
All christenings took place in Cominch, Crossmolina Parish in the District of Ballina.

I am not clear what your saying abt Hugh?

Hope that helps,
Diane Sweeney Groman

Offline cully194

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 September 08 13:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for your very generous offer!  It is through the kindness of people like you that I have found that my Corcorans came from Crossmolina Parish, Co. Mayo.  Unfortunately, they started to immigrate to the Province of Quebec in Canada around 1817, and from there successive generations migrated to other parts of Canada and the US.  Your records don't cover that period, but I will post what I do know in the hope that somebody from the same line might see it.  I expect that some family members stayed behind in Ireland.  In particular, there was a son named Matt who studied at Apothecary Hall and worked at a pharmacy in Castlebar in the early 1800s.

Several of my Corcorans worked for the Hudson Bay Company in Canada starting in 1817.

I have an unknown Corcoran male born around 1725.  He had two sons, Edward and John.  I believe that Edward immigrated to the US.  John was born around 1755 and married Bridget Edwards.  Their known children born in Ireland are:

Bridget, who married Walter Burke
Richard (b. 1775), who married Margaret Nash
James (b. 1778), who married Bridget (b. 1791).  These are my GGGG Grandparents.
Patrick (b. 1787), who married Genvieve Gagnon in Canada
Elizabeth (b. 1788), who married Michael Rowan (b. 1778) - several children born in Ireland
John (b. 1791)
Thomas (b. 1794), who married Charlotte Sophia Sutherland (b. 1799) in Canada
Edward (b. 1799), who married Julia Cassidy (b. 1807) in Canada

James and Bridget had the following children born in Ireland:

Mary (b. 1808)
John (b. 1811)
Luke (b. 1812)
Elizabeth (b. 1817)
Bridget (b. 1825)

Successive children of James and Bridget were born in Canada - Annie, Marie and James.

Can anybody tell me what villages comprised Crossmolina Parish in the late 1700s?

I would love to hear from anybody connected to this family and would be happy to share any information that I have.

Nicole

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 04:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne,Thanks for shareing you information.I have people in Ballysakerry but they are not easy to find and someone told me to try Crossmolina.The name is Samuel Aikins/Ekins,he married Elizabeth Birch around 1800/1812,his son James  was born 1812 he married Catherine Little around 1829 as there son James born 1830Tey shifted to Scotland around 1843 there were  other children ive found on thecencus,Hannah 1833,Ann,1837,Betsy 1841,Margaret 1843.Im pretty sure Samuel stayed in Mayo.I would be very grateful for your help or contacts you may have Thanks Osca.
Hi Osca, I am very sorry its taken so very long to get back to you- computer problems, vacations, new computer adjustments...
So, I have looked in my Catholic records and found NONE.
But I do have Church of Ireland records for Crossmolina that show several Erwin Ekin ect, but none with any of the given names you gave me. The film I got this from is from LDS # 897365- I only copied the Crossmolina records but most likely there are many other parishes on the reel.
Sorry I couldnt help!

Diski

Offline Osca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 September 08 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Diski,Thanks for the reply and although we found nothing,thank you for looking for me.I will continue to try to find them.Osca