Author Topic: mcfall and murphy  (Read 5910 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: mcfall and murphy
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 07 16:47 BST (UK) »
Ballyknock is in the Parish of Killelagh and in Griffith's Valuation (1859) there are: John M'Fall (house, offices & land with 21 acres 0 rods 10 perches- Joseph Courtney immediate lessor) & Archer M'Fall (house only with John M'Fall the immediate lessor).
This 'Archer' is probably Archibald but perhaps not the Archibald who married in 1868. Possibly your Archibald McFall was living elsewhere at the time of his marriage.
There are valuation notebooks at PRONI which follow forward from Griffith's and they continue up to around 1930. They are very difficult to read since the changes each year are recorded in different colours of ink which have faded.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 June 07 14:15 BST (UK) »
refernce this John mcfall, this is possibly the father of the Archibald mcfall named, and this would make Archibald mcfall the husband of Annie jane Taylor,   
brennan  co.antrim/scotland
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
mccook     armoy co.antrim
mcfall       co.londonderry
murphy    kilrea

Offline Moatville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I have stumbled onto this thread because of research into the Power family of Holywood Co Down. I have discovered that Anna Power married Henry McFall and would be interested in adding relevant McFall information to my knowledge
I believe that Anna McFall ended up living with her daughter Marion (a teacher) in Gilford (1901 Census). I am also led to believe that Henry was buried in Gilford (Tullylish).

Can anyone enlighten me further or be willing to share info

Cheers

Offline Mennie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McFall and Power
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 February 11 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Henry McFall was born 24 Feb 1818 at Magherafelt, Londonderry, Ireland.  He was the 5th of at least 13 children born to Thomas McFall (abt 1767-1850) and Mary Anne McKendrick.  Thomas' father was also named Thomas.

On September 23, 1842, he married Anna Power.  You probably know they had 4 children:
- John Power McFall
- Henry McFall
- Anna McFall
- Thomas McFall

Hope this helps.

Offline robin mclinc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I think this a family I am researching. I am interested if you have a list of Henry's siblings/Thomas's children.(Do you know if there was a James,Margaret, and William) And any information on the father of Thomas born 1767....are you sure about his birth and death dates?

Do you know the burial place of this Thomas? If I am correct, Henry's family went to Ontario Canada.

My objection really is to get back to the early 1700's,looking for my 7th gr grandfather Francis, and I believe he was from Maghera, so since this family is from there, I want to trace them back.I do know where a Thomas McFall is buried in Magherafelt and want to see if the same people.

Looking forward to your reply.
Robin