Author Topic: Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire  (Read 15818 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 April 07 08:24 BST (UK) »
A friend who has Hadfield family interests suggests that "Hadfield Ventnor" could be the family of Octavius Hadfield who became a Bishop in New Zealand.A Google search produces information regarding Octavius Hadfield.
I hope this helps.
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 April 07 14:12 BST (UK) »
A friend who has Hadfield family interests suggests that "Hadfield Ventnor" could be the family of Octavius Hadfield who became a Bishop in New Zealand.A Google search produces information regarding Octavius Hadfield.
I hope this helps.
Thanks Lazarus - Perhaps there may still be descendants in the UK who will make contact?
MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 17:23 GMT (UK) »
This notebook has now been sent to Graham Hadfield who contacted me via this site.
I hope the Hadfield family will find it both interesting and a valuable family heirloom.

Offline andreah2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 December 12 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Could the Graham Hadfield who recived the book shown on this thread please make contact with me in NZ. I am a desndent of Joseph & Octavius Hadfield (Bonchurch & Ventnor I would be interested if there is any relevant info in the book. The Misses Hadfiled who taught in Ventor were sisters of Octavius.
Hadfield, Derbyshire, Isle of Wight

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 14 December 12 16:17 GMT (UK) »
As mentioned on this thread, http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=263812.new;topicseen#new, when I received the book I scanned it and put the scans on a CD which I sent to David Hadfield in Australia who runs a free web site dedicated to publishing details of various Hadfield lines - http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hadfield/.

David transcribed the book, keeping faith with the way it was originally written (i.e. as one would with a MI) and, at the time, offered to send a copy of the transcript to people who contacted him. David has since moved address so I don't know if he is still in a position to send copies. However, I have a PDF copy of the transcript and will happily send it to anyone who contacts me by PM with their e-mail address.

Graham

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 14 December 12 18:44 GMT (UK) »
It's really good to know that this book has been so helpful to members of the Hadfield family. I just salvaged it from some items which were being disposed of from a solicitors office as I just thought it could be of interest to people. :)

Offline andreah2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 December 12 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Graham & Doverrog.

I would love a copy of the notes. My email is (*)  I am also interested in hearing from any descendents of the John Hadfield of Edale who took in a preacher and subsequently built a chapel, where ,I believe, a church now stands. Most of the family appear to have moved to the Manchester area, and were in silk. My GGG grandfather, Joseph, wrote a book  An Englishman in America telling of his travels collecting debt for the family business. He and his wife Amelia are buried in Ventor (IoW) and  his father John at St Boniface in Bonchurch )IoW). John & Joseph appear frequently in our lineage back to Edale and without looking up the family tree I think that the first John was born in 1642.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Hadfield, Derbyshire, Isle of Wight

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 December 12 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Andrea contacted me by e-mail a few days ago so I was able to send her a copy of the document.

Offline Dalesman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 December 12 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Looking back along my family tree I found a William Roworth 1712-1776 married to Elizabeth Hadfield 1712-1774 from the Hope Valley, would appreciate any information regarding Hadfields of Castleton.