Author Topic: Geoghegan and McCormack  (Read 7235 times)

Offline Lady Macbeth

• 1965-2013
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Geoghegan and McCormack
« on: Thursday 02 December 04 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for the marriage of William Geoghegan and Mary McCormack c1830s or 40s.  The had several children while living in Croghan (Rhode parish), however I can't find their marriage and suspect it was in the bride's parish.  William was a blacksmith.

Also looking for William's birth, c1810s; afraid I don't have his parents' names but his father could possibly be Peter.

Children were
Peter
John
William
Mary
Margaret
Elizabeth
Teresa
Thomas

Any leads appreciated.

Thank you
Lesley
Gegan, Geoghegan, Gagan, or any variation whatsoever in Ireland (particularly Co Offaly/Kings Co) and Scotland;
Symons and Symon in Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
McKenna in Ireland and Scotland;
Wilkie in Kincardine and Angus, Scotland

Offline KildareIRE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish in England, searching IRL, ENG & AUS
    • View Profile
Re: Geoghegan and McCormack
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 November 15 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lady. I haven't any of the particular information you're looking for but I just uploaded the listing for the New Croghan graveyard (1st burial 1919) and some of the McCormack's you mention might be part of that listing, which may be of interest to you.  You can find it here: http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GRid=155417614&CRid=2285074&

HTH, best wishes on your search.
Searching for Family tree history of Kelly/Healy in Carlow/Wicklow, Flynn/Scully/Daly in Offaly/Westmeath, Patterson in Australia, and Mawhood Globally.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 November 15 13:46 GMT (UK) »
KildareIRE

Just an observation that Lady MacBeth passed away in 2013 (it is noted under her name). I'm sure there will be others that will benefit from the work you have put into documenting the graveyard. Thank you for sharing.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline KildareIRE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish in England, searching IRL, ENG & AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 November 15 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Oh so sad. Thanks for letting me know. It was good of her family to post that up.  Now she has become part of someone else's family tree search.  Thanks again.
Searching for Family tree history of Kelly/Healy in Carlow/Wicklow, Flynn/Scully/Daly in Offaly/Westmeath, Patterson in Australia, and Mawhood Globally.