Author Topic: Everend Flower and family Abandoned thread  (Read 2025 times)

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Everend Flower and family Abandoned thread
« on: Friday 27 April 07 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hi folks
there can't be that many Everend Flowers about the place! He was born 1824 In Leicester. his father was Robert b c1800 Leics.
Everend married Martha grant in oct 1847 in Leics.
had 10 children,
some unusual names - keziah, Phoebe, along with charlotte, Henry
Catherine,
Mary Ann
Susannah
Alfred
emMA jANE
and Wm Rbt born mar 1870 - he married my great aunt Ellen Wigston b 1872 in Leicester.
they had 6 children all girls that makes tracing them a bit tougher -
Evelyn, Nellie, Kisiah, Emily, Peggy, May and Georgina May known as Jean. jean the youngest was born in 1905 in Leicester.

I have dates and spouses for some of them, but I would Love to hear from anyone that is involved in any part of this tree.
So many unusual names there must be someone on RC that can recognise this family :) It's relatives more than data I'm after this time!
here's hoping!  ;)
revmother
England - mainly Leicestershire -Plunkett (and London), Kibby, Springthorpe, Gittins, Bates, Forman, Stevenson, Crofts, Growdridge, Flower, Wigston, Ward , and in Scotland - McLauchlan, Paterson, Aughton, Speirs, McCallum, Gray, Gemmell, Hillhouse, Fredrick etc.......<br />Ayrshire mostly

zeulenrode

Re: Everend Flower and family Abandoned thread
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 February 17 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am descended from Caroline Flower, daughter of Everend.  My pet theory as to the Name Everend is that his birth (labour) may have been difficult and drawn out, causing his mother to cry out "Will it ever end?"