Author Topic: Donisthorpe  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Snorbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Leicester Lants.
    • View Profile
Donisthorpe
« on: Saturday 28 April 07 14:43 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this is the right county, but can anyone tell me but what was the next Parish to "Oakthorpe & Donisthrope" in 1891. The sub district was Hartshorn (Ashby De La Zouch).
The reason I ask this is I have an address in Acresford St which fails to appear on the area census. The most probably reason is that the remainder of the road fell under a different sub district.
Any ideas gratefully received.
Lant;Hunt;Richardson;Holyland;Thorneloe.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Donisthorpe
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 07 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Snorbins

Is it the address you want, or can you suggest a anme - might be easier to find?

In 1891 Ashby de la Zouch was enumerated in Leicestershire, while Donisthorpe was in Derbyshire.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Snorbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Leicester Lants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 07 15:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the response Arranroots.
I want to know who lived at 392 Acresford Street. Or Road.
Thanks.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 April 07 15:53 BST (UK) »
Just had a quick look, but it seems to me that the houses are not numbered?

I can see "Acresford" in the civil parish of O & D, but no numbering.

Any idea what was near the property?  If it was near an inn or farm we might get closer - a name of the family would be ideal!

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Snorbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Leicester Lants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 April 07 16:00 BST (UK) »
I'm doing this for a friend and I think you've found what I had. Its seems a long road but few houses. If I can get a name it will be easier, but thanks for now.

Offline Snorbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Leicester Lants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 April 07 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Arranroots,
The family who may have been living there were Samuel Shaw and Annie Coleman.
Even in 1901 its looks a long road for so few houses so I was curious as to whether the census had a part of it in a different catchment.
Thanks.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 April 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hello again

I had a look, but didn't see anyone to match these two in the right vicinity.

Sorry!

Offline Snorbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Leicester Lants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 May 07 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Arranroots,
Have you got any idea who holds the burial register for Donisthorpe, I think its St Johns Church?

Offline may

• RootsChat Extra
  • Love to chat about genealogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 June 07 16:58 BST (UK) »
Have you tried this website?  Lots of census transcribed and also burial records I think

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~brett/donisthorpe/donisthorpe.htm

If you come across any of the Wright family of Oakthorpe & Donisthorpe in your tree please get in touch.
looking for Toon in NW Leics. Henson from Peterborough and Leicester, King in London.  Would be happy to chat to others with the same interest in genealogy