Author Topic: FARINA, 1891 and 1901  (Read 3072 times)

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FARINA, 1891 AND 1901
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 16:52 BST (UK) »

Linda

The census entry for young Mary Wilkinson seems to say Mary L M Wilkinson.

On FreeBMD there is no birth with those initials but there is a Mary Ellen which (I suppose) might sound the same if you are an enumerator. ;D

Best wishes

DS ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline midlandsmatty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My great-great grandmother was Ellen Adams (nee Farina). I'm trying to trace back the Farina family tree and would be interested to know whether you could fill in any of the pieces?

Thanks,

Matt Cotton

Offline Lindyloowho

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 March 18 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Matt - not sure if you received my other reply?

Anyway I have dug all my stuff out and now my question is who were Ellen's parents?  There a few Ellens/Eleanors in the family?

I do have quite a bit of history on the Farina's starting with Leonardo - they came from the isle of Elba.

Linda

Offline midlandsmatty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 March 18 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Thanks ever so much for replying. I wasn't sure I'd get a response as I know the original post was from 2007...

My great grandmother was Ellen Adams (nee Farina). I've found out her mother and father were Alexander Farina (from Elba, but ended up in Greenwich before moving to Sunderland) and his wife Elizabeth Ellen Farina (nee Wiseman). I understand that Alexander's Dad was Leonardo, but don't have any more details (ie his wife's name). I do know who Ellen's siblings were. Any details on the Farinas would be fantastic! My grandfather (who lived in Sunderland all his life) always talked about an Italian link, but we've only just found out about Alexander.

Thanks again!

Matt

Offline Lindyloowho

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 March 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Matt - I did send you a personal message but it came back saying your inbox was full?
I have Ellen marrying a John Wilkinson?  Do you have the marriage details for Ellen to ? Adams?
I cannot find the Farinas in any census before 1881 -  I suspect it could be a mistransciption of the name? So I only know about Leonardo from the marriage of Alexander to Ellen Wiseman.

If you send me a personal email I can give you my home email and send you a file of all I have.

Lind

Offline midlandsmatty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 March 18 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

My Grandfather is Leonard Adams. He never new is father (we think he was a boxer with a surname of Blyth?), but his mother's birth certificate (his mother was Doris Ellen Myrtle Adams, born Farina) states that her father was John Frederick Adams, a Cartman from Sunderland - although we don't have any other details about him. We understand that Doris Ellen Myrtle then went and married John Wilkinson. I have a lot of detail about the Wilkinsons.

I really appreciate you looking at this. My mother in particular has never been able to piece the bits together :) I'm also curious where you fit in? I assume we have some links somewhere?

Thanks again,

Matt

Offline Lindyloowho

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 March 18 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Matt - I've lost the email that gave me your home email ???

Mine is (*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

I've been verifying the info you gave me and updated my family tree so I can send you what I have.

Linda

Offline Bert Gear

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 29 July 18 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, my grandfather was Alexander Farina my mother was the youngest daughter her name was Florence, one of my aunts was Isolina. I have lots of info regarding the Farina family

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: FARINA, 1891 and 1901
« Reply #17 on: Monday 30 July 18 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Bert,

Welcome to RootsChat

Lindyloowho was online yesterday and has been notified of your reply, hopefully she will reply very soon.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk