Author Topic: Ballybrophy: Rudd and Johnston/Johnson families  (Read 7972 times)

Offline MysticBreeze

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ballybrophy: Rudd and Johnston/Johnson families
« on: Thursday 03 May 07 00:41 BST (UK) »
My great great grandmother was Elizabeth Eleanor RUDD.  She was born in Ballybrophy circa 1862 (she died in New Zealand aged 85 in 1947).  Her father is confirmed as John RUDD, a farmer and her mother was a JOHNSON or JOHNSTON (her parents stayed in Ireland).  Can anyone help me with this family in Ireland?   Elizabeth came to New Zealand as a 17 year old after suffering from Rheumatic Fever as the Dr told her it would be warmer!! I guess the weather helped given she lived to a fine age.

Offline Graeme leitch

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ballybrophy: Rudd and Johnston/Johnson families
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 August 17 00:54 BST (UK) »
I realise that your query about Elizabeth Eleanor Rudd. Was 10 years ago, but I have been researching my great-grandmother  Annie Jane Leitch (born Rudd)   1864 - 1949 who died in Greenlane Auckland.  They were sisters. Parents were  Robert John Rudd ( born    In 1824 or possibly 1830) and Margaret Rudd ( born Johnston ). There were 9 children.

Elizabeth Eleanor ( born in 1862 in Ballybrophy) died on 3 July 1947 in  Papatoetoe and is buried in Hamilton  West Cemetery with her husband Richard Gee  of Paparata . They married in 1880 and had 3 children ... Joseph Edward Gee and 2 others.

There are some conflicting dates for Robert Rudd and Margaret Johnston bout one gives them asmarried  in 1836 at Birr. His father was John Rudd and Margarets father was John Johnston(e?). 
Maybe variant spellings  and lots of Roberts and Johns and  Williams.

There were other Rudds who settled around Paparata in the 1870s and 1880s  ...Joseph and William.
William came with his wife Fanny and 2 children  on the Queen of Nations  in july 1874.

You may know all this but it's new to me! I live in West  Auckland .

Regards,    Graeme

His fathers name was

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 August 17 12:00 BST (UK) »
Only came across one Rudd that may or may not be the same Rudd's;
------------------
Ireland Grand Lodge of Freemasons; 1733-1923

Robert Rudd; 11/10/1913; Rathdowney

Occ; Caretaker
-------------------------------------------

Offline MysticBreeze

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 November 20 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Graeme sorry I have only just seen your message and tried to inbox you but it states your inbox is full!  Hopefully you can send me a message as I'd love to know more about Annie :)

I realise that your query about Elizabeth Eleanor Rudd. Was 10 years ago, but I have been researching my great-grandmother  Annie Jane Leitch (born Rudd)   1864 - 1949 who died in Greenlane Auckland.  They were sisters. Parents were  Robert John Rudd ( born    In 1824 or possibly 1830) and Margaret Rudd ( born Johnston ). There were 9 children.

Elizabeth Eleanor ( born in 1862 in Ballybrophy) died on 3 July 1947 in  Papatoetoe and is buried in Hamilton  West Cemetery with her husband Richard Gee  of Paparata . They married in 1880 and had 3 children ... Joseph Edward Gee and 2 others.

There are some conflicting dates for Robert Rudd and Margaret Johnston bout one gives them asmarried  in 1836 at Birr. His father was John Rudd and Margarets father was John Johnston(e?). 
Maybe variant spellings  and lots of Roberts and Johns and  Williams.

There were other Rudds who settled around Paparata in the 1870s and 1880s  ...Joseph and William.
William came with his wife Fanny and 2 children  on the Queen of Nations  in july 1874.

You may know all this but it's new to me! I live in West  Auckland .

Regards,    Graeme

His fathers name was

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 November 20 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Graeme sorry I have only just seen your message and tried to inbox you but it states your inbox is full!  Hopefully you can send me a message as I'd love to know more about Annie :)

Graeme unfortunately hasn't been active on RootsChat since 2017 and has made only one post. If his e-mail is still current, then he will receive a notification of your post. However, he needs to make at least one more post to be able to receive a PM from you.

Please see https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 November 20 14:03 GMT (UK) »

Marriage in 1860.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1860/09597/5480199.pdf

Robert, a farmer residing in Brownhills townland, Aghancon CP.
https://www.townlands.ie/offaly/ballybritt/aghancon/aghancon/brownhills/

Margaret residing in Castletown townland, Birr CP.
https://www.townlands.ie/offaly/ballybritt/birr/dromoyle/castletown/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile