Author Topic: John Wilson and Robert Wynne in Louth Ireland 1750 - 1850  (Read 7460 times)

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
John Wilson and Robert Wynne in Louth Ireland 1750 - 1850
« on: Tuesday 09 March 04 20:12 GMT (UK) »
This is my first attempt with this forum......I am looking for the John Wilson family in Collon, Louth, Ireland from about 1740 through 1850. Also looking for the Robert Wynne family during the same time frame.  Any leads will be appreciated.   Thanks,  Marilyn

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:John Wilson and Robert Wynne in Louth Ireland 1750 - 1850
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 July 04 00:31 BST (UK) »
Skippy,  Thanks for the websites that might help in research.  Marilyn

Offline Dennehy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Wilson and Robert Wynne in Louth Ireland 1750 - 1850
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 July 04 02:31 BST (UK) »
Marilyn
I don't have any info to help you but am hoping you might be able to help me.  I'm res. a Margaret WILSON born roughly c. 1800, mar. William KELLY , possibly the freeholder listed in Ardballan, Clonmore Parish in 1822 (Clonmore is 2 parishes east of Dunleer, Dysart lies between). Their youngest children were Thomas W. b. Feb. 1834 and Benard b. 1836; there may have been older children named Charles, George, and Johanna.  Wm. and Margaret (WILSON) KELLY , with Thomas and Bernard ,immigrated to Greece Twp., Monroe Co., NY. in 1845.  Both Wm. and Margaret were dead by 1849 and left no records in NY at all.

There don't appear to have been  a lot of Wilsons in this area so am wondering if my Margaret is connected to your  John WILSON.

Appreciate any leads.
Steve

Offline jbhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 September 04 13:52 BST (UK) »
Marilyn,
There is a Robert Wynne (wife Alicia) in the Church of Ireland Baptismal register for Dromin Parish (later part of Collon Parish). The address is given as Tubberdoney. The two children being baptised are:
George Ivers: date of Birth, [not given]; Baptism Date, November 1849 (no day given).
Alicia Frances: date of birth, 30 June 1851; Baptismal Date, 01 September 1851.

There are a few "John Wilson" (engineer, sexton, weaver etc.) names around the same period. Do you have any other information to go on (wife's name)?

Tubberdoney (now spelt "Toberdoney") is a townland in the Parish of Dromin.

Regards, Brendan
Louth: Hall, Kindlon, Hughes, McAuley, Cumiskey
Cavan: Langan, Reilly
Dublin: McAuley, Murphy
England & Wales: Parkhouse, Callow, Callowhill, Vinall, Huzzey, Mortimer

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 September 04 17:26 BST (UK) »
Brendan,  Thank you for more pieces of the puzzle. Robert Wynne is the brother to Joice or Joycelind Wynne who married our John Wilson.  We haven't been able to find a record of Joice/Joysclind Wynne or her marriage to John Wilson. We do know names of children to John Wilson and wife,  being Robert, John, Thomas, William and Maria Jane.

Joysclind Wynne was the daughter of Robert Wynne and siblings were George, Robert, Maria and Charlotte.

I haven't a clue as to the occupations of the Wilson's and Wynne's. We only know that John Wilson, our ancestor that immigrated to the States, gave his place of birth as Ardee, Louth, Ireland.  Where in the geographical area of Ardee is unknown.

Do you live in Ireland or are you a transplant like us?  Thanks for your help.  Marilyn

Offline DavidParsons

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Pioneer
  • Non sibi sed toti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 February 05 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Frances Alice Wynne the poet (1863 to 1893) gives her place of birth as Collon. I have scanned an interview she gave in the year of her death on my family web site, http://www.parsonsfamily.co.uk/frances.php together with three of her poems.
Wynne, Acton

David Parsons 1937-2009

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 09:12 BST (UK) »
David,  Thank you for sharing your website and Wynne family information.  I will be reading through your pages in hopes of picking up some leads on the Wynne connection. I will share with the forum as factual information is found.  Cheers,  Marilyn Caswell