Author Topic: Graham of Netherby  (Read 27804 times)

Offline Reali-Graham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham of Netherby
« Reply #18 on: Monday 21 September 09 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hi

Very interested in Harriot Graham and Reali as my family Alexander Macnab married with Eliza Reali in Ireland in 1821.

Please contact me.

Trish

Offline RossVH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Reali / Graham
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 January 10 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.

I am very VERY interested in this Reali / Graham information.  I am currently trying to trace my ancestors back like many of you.  I have a Reali family bible that has been passed down through the generations.  Here is a piece of writing from this family bible, written by a descendant at the late end of the 1800 Century. He talks about the first Reali that left Italy for Ireland.

" The first Reali of the Irish branch was born in Italy; when quite a young man, he was converted and became a Protestant.  One of his Uncles was a Roman Catholic Bishop and he was very indignant.  Young Reali’s Estate was confiscated, and he feared being tried by the Inquisition, therefore obtained a post as tutor to a youth whose parents wished to travel.  They went first to Paris, where Reali met an Irish gentleman who invited him and his pupil on a visit to his home in Co. Limerick.  Reali made friends and through their influence became Land Agent to Mr. Oliver of Castle Oliver, Co. Limerick.  Reali married a Miss Graham.  Their son became Land Agent for the Barry family of Ballyclaugh, Kilworth, Co. Cork, and also leased a farm at Ballyclaugh, the date of Lease being 1747.  (Date supplied by R. Reali, son of Joseph Reali.) "

I have managed to put a Reali family tree together and have records of various Reali's from 1806 onwards so not sure which R. Reali supplied the date above, as I have records of many R Reali's!!

Now the family bible draws a complete blank, from the time the first Reali came to Ireland (estimated around the early 1700's, up untill 100 years or so after.

We don't know the Christian name of the first Reali that came to Ireland.  We don't know the Christian name of Miss Graham.  We don't know when or where they got married.  We don't know what children or grandchildren any of these people had.

I'd be very interested to see ANY information relating to this Reali/Graham thread.  Please please contact me at ..

Moderator Comment: Email address removed to avoid spamming etc.  Please use our personal message system.  New members need at least two posts to avail themselves of this facility so click reply and add another one and it should work.
I'd also be able to supply any information if needed.

Thanks,

Ross Harrington

Offline Graham-Reali

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Ross,

the info in that family bible of yours matches with my family!  Joseph Reali (a copy of whose will I have) and Harriet Graham's youngest daughter Catherine came to Australia in 1840's and  it is from her that I am descended.

The info in the bible just may have some generation details skipping a bit.  I think Gaetano Reali may be the earliest fellow to Ireland. There are records of possibly him marrying first a Christiana McCarter in second half 1700's , then Elizabeth Riordan. 

This Elizabeth I believe is buried with other family members including Joseph . My sister took photos of their graves and those of some other family members.  All the details are packed in boxes at the moment.

Have just moved house, am new to rootschat and don't quite know how to use it, so I apologise for the slowness of reply.  Trish, if you're reading this, Hello! we have communicated in the past but again slowness to reply on my part - due sadly to a number of losses amongst family and friends.

Would love to share all this Reali-Graham stuff but not sure how - let me know!

Mary Ann
Reali Graham

Offline RossVH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 08:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary - Ann,

I did put my email address in the last post, but it appears someone took it out :-s.. apparantly there is a way I can message you through this site somehow.

Ross

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You click on the green scroll under Mary-Ann's name and follow instructions to send a personal message.   It is our policy not to put any details of living people on rootschat as anything posted on here is in the public domain and can be found on internet search engines.  Easy for spammers to pick it up and also clues for possible identity theft.
Regards
Andrea

Offline Elizann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 February 10 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Found in the will of Rev John Brown 1766
I leave to Mrs Graham of Netherby in Cumberland, daughter of the late Lady Graham, who was the wife of my deceased Cousin Col; Brown, my diamond ring, being a large Rose Diamond, set round with Brilliants; in consideration of it having been the gift of Lady Graham to Me.
Lowe

Offline Mary37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 10 June 10 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Ross,
I've just registered with RootsChat and am also interested in the Reali/Graham family.  I am descended from Eliza Reali, daughter of Joseph Reali and Harriet Graham, and I believe that Eliza's grandfather was Gaetano Reali.  I would be interested in any information you have about the Reali or Graham families and am willing to share information that I have collected. Recently I've returned from Italy where I was able to uncover some information about a Bishop Reali, born 1695 at Rome, who must have been Gaetano Reali's uncle.  Look forward to your reply.
Mary
Reali (Ire. & Italy), McNab (Macnab) (Ire. & Stirlingshire, Scot), Condon (Rostellan, Co. Cork), Tallon (Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone),  Newell (Tandragee, Co. Armagh),  Cruickshanks (Lanark & Dumfries), Paterson (Peeblesshire & Midlothian), Tait (Peebleshire & Midlothian)

Offline AbandonedIreland

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 15 July 10 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross and Mary

I just surfed in here while researching the Reali family of Lismount House, Co. Cork, Ireland.
I am writing an article on Lismount House - my interest is in the lost estate houses of Ireland.
You've added some interesting facts to my research so I thought I'd share what little info I have

Joesph Reali, below is presumably the son of Joseph Reali and Harriet Graham ???

Harriet Reali (GRAHAM) died, age 75, 26 November 1855 at Hoare Abbey, Cashel

Joesph Reali, a land agent, built Lismount House in Kilworth around 1850
(Land Agent for the Barry family of Ballyclaugh, Kilworth, Co. Cork?? )
He apparently built the house for his wife who suffered asthma and was advised to live on high, dry ground
Joesph Reali was formerly of Hoar Abbey, Cashel, he died on the 9th July 1885, and is buried at St Mary the Virgin's, Gloucestershire

(Hoar/Hore Abbey by the way is a huge abbey that appears to have been in ruins for centuries)

Redmond Reali, who had been born at Lismount on the 20th January 1859 inherited his fathers estate.
He is recorded on the 1901 and 1911 Census of Ireland
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000575193/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001932137/

Redmond Reali's only child, Vivian inherited the Lismount estate. She apparently emigrated to Scotland where she married Mr Paisley, a flour miller
Vivian Reali sold the Lismount estate in 1921 for £5550.

Cheers,
Tarquin
www.AbandonedIreland.com

Offline Mary37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 18 July 10 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Tarquin,
Thanks for your message and information about your project. 
In my research I've found that Redmond Reali, son of Joseph Reali and Harriet Reali (nee Graham), had two sons Joseph Reali (c1828) and Redmond Reali (c1830), who appear to have lived around Lismount from perhaps the mid 1850's.  Joseph Reali, son of Redmond Reali Snr., had three sons Joseph Reali (1852), Matthew (1853) and Redmond (20 Jan 1856).  I believe that Joseph Reali (1852) is the one who died in Gloucestershire and that Vivien was the daughter of Redmond Reali (1856).  For a time this Reali family also had interests in part of Hoare Abbey Estate near Cashel.  They seemed to move between that property and properties around Fermoy where Redmond Reali Snr. was a Nurseryman of Ballyarthur and Land Agent to Capt. Barry (Slaters Dir. 1846).  Hope this is helpful.  I don't know anything about the history of Lismount House.  Good luck with your ongoing  research.
Mary.
Reali (Ire. & Italy), McNab (Macnab) (Ire. & Stirlingshire, Scot), Condon (Rostellan, Co. Cork), Tallon (Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone),  Newell (Tandragee, Co. Armagh),  Cruickshanks (Lanark & Dumfries), Paterson (Peeblesshire & Midlothian), Tait (Peebleshire & Midlothian)