Author Topic: HAMER / GARNETT family bible  (Read 13622 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HAMER / GARNETT family bible
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, but no, that's the extent of our knowledge!

What about starting with your mother-in-law's b/c 

her b/c should give her father's occupation and her mother's maiden name

then moving onto her parents marriage

this m/c should give occupations of father & son

Have you found William Hamer  born c1877 on the UK 1891/1901 census?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charley101

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HAMER / GARNETT family bible
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 June 17 09:06 BST (UK) »
Peter
There isn't an obvious connecetion between your tree and the one that my stepmother is part of. However her Hamer family tree is full of lines (i.e. children) that we haven't followed through so there may be a connection somewhere with the line you are following.
I've attached on the public part of this site a pdf copy of the main lines of the Hamer family that I am connected to via my stepmother. What you'd be looking to do is plug your line in somewhere, not sure where 'though.
I'm also going to send you via private email on this site a copy of the write up I did for my stepmother about the Hamer family tree. I hope you find it interesting, even if you don't manage to make a connection to it. Very interesting bunch of people the Hamers....
CHARLES, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire prior to about 1750
MALYON, Buckland / Therfield Herts (to 1861) and St George in the East (from 1871) The name appears in the census in various guises, including - Mallyan. Malyan. Mailon. Malson. Mallyon. Mallion. Malyun. Mallian. Maylin. Mealing. Meeling. Mailing. Maylen. Maylon.
DOVE, Shoreditch, 1841-1901.