Author Topic: Descendant's of William "Remember" Orr  (Read 36594 times)

Offline MichelleS2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendant's of William "Remember" Orr
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 04:23 BST (UK) »
Oh wow Tara how exciting!!!!!!

Im currently trying to find out if Im definately related to him or not. My nans last name was Orr and her ancestors are from Ireland. We also had Williams sword and sheath in the famliy at one point and think its still in Australia somewhere. Im on a quest to find it!!!

If you can wait til the weekend I can give you the details of the church and few more details about him as I have a book that was nans thats all about him.

So how does your connection work? Did one of his sons come out to America???

Offline Tara Stoker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 May 11 16:06 BST (UK) »
I have the Remember Orr book. My grandfather, William Orr Mulligan, came to Canada with his siblings from Belfast Ireland. They disbursed the children throughout Canada because conditions were so bad in Ireland. I'm going to Ireland next Thursday so whatever information you could give me will be appreciated :)

Offline Spetras

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, I just picked up a book (on New Testament Greek) that has the signature of William Orr Mulligan, Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada, Edinburgh August 1919.  It's not a valuable book, but if it's your family member and you'd like to have it I'd be happy to send it to you for cost of the postage.  Let me know. 

Offline boltongenes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 04:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle

I am researching John Campbell Orr who was living with his father Samuel Orr and (I presume) his sister Isabel Wilson Campbell Orr in Burwood NSW Australia in 1933. Have you come across John in your research and is he the one listed in the Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958 on Family Search as being born in the June qtr of 1905 in Antrim Ireland? John married Nancy Eames Weller in 1937 and later died in 1966.

Anne-Marie

Offline MichelleS2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 05 May 12 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne Marie,

Sorry the late reply  :-\

John Campbell Orr was my great uncle because Isabella was my nan. Are you related to John? Im guessing that would be the same John you are talking about because they definitely lived in Burwood at one stage and yes I'm sure John married a nancy who died suddenly of a stoke??? he then later married or moved in with another lady...Elsie or something along those lines. Id love to see any info you have on John and the family and Im more than happy to share my information :)

Michelle :)

Offline MichelleS2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 14 July 13 08:09 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I'm presuming you havent been on for awhile Anne-Marie??

So after a bit more research I have been able to obtain a transcript for John Campbell Orr born 1905 and died in Burwood in 1966 on the 31st July from myocardial infarction. He was 61 years old.

They immigrated to Australia in 1920 after his mum died on the 19th July 1916. His dad was Samuel James Orr and his mother Mary Elizabeth Gough Orr nee Campbell. His dad, Sam, was a fitter and turner and worked on the propellers for the Titanic. It was due to Marys death/sickness that he missed the maiden voyage and was spared his life.

They lived in Sydney for a bit with Sams mum Amelia who they apparently didn't get on with very well before Sam and Nanny(Isabel - Johns sister) moved to Goondah NSW, so Sam could work on the trains that took men to the Burrinjuck Dam while it was being built in the 1920s. I dont think John went with them though as their is no record of him living with them there.

He then married Nancy Eames Weller in 1937 in Rockdale. They had 3 children...Caroline who died from a stroke, Robert and Bruce. The boys would be in their late 60s/early 70's now if still alive??

John moved in with a lady called Irene Pauline Cranney after he divorced and was there until his death in 1966.

I would love to know how you are related to him or why you are in search of him so I hope you check this soon!!!

I also have quite a few pics of him and the family so would love to share with you if you are interested. Just send me your email and I can send them through.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Michelle :)

Hi Michelle

I am researching John Campbell Orr who was living with his father Samuel Orr and (I presume) his sister Isabel Wilson Campbell Orr in Burwood NSW Australia in 1933. Have you come across John in your research and is he the one listed in the Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958 on Family Search as being born in the June qtr of 1905 in Antrim Ireland? John married Nancy Eames Weller in 1937 and later died in 1966.

Anne-Marie

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 15 July 13 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Is MichelleS2 and Michelles the same person  ???

I am getting bounced emails fro MichelleS

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MichelleS2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 05:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

Yes sorry that is me. I had to create a new profile because my previous email was no longer working.
I can send you my new email if you can't access it???

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

Ah ha  ;D got you ! Not to worry, I will merge your two profiles into one.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk