Author Topic: Flynn family of Ballinalee  (Read 15270 times)

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn family of Ballinalee
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 19:40 GMT (UK) »
As was pointed out in the earlier message the personal message system cannot be used.
I guess you better get on posting then Marie!
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline marie whelan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 December 12 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katy Well where do i start Flynns lived in both Killoe and Ballinalee which are neighbouring villages.My grandmother bridgid Quinn who married my grandfather Patrick Whelan Bridgid mother which would be my gr granmother was Mary Flynn married to Hugh Quinn.Thomas Flynn that you mention was married to my grandfather Patrick sister.In my research i found John 1858 (Teresa 1868 who married John Fealy) (Catherine 1857 married Thomas Flynn) you found another child Eliza.We are connected to Whelan Quinn Flynns Fealy.Also when my granm married 27th nov 1897 her witness were James Davis and Maggie Flynn.
                 Hope Katy this is of some help to have more info to cant wait to hear back from you

Marie

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marie, it is a great help. Thank you. Do you know where Patrick Whelan and Anne Davis were born? If you send me back another message I can then send you a personal message with my email address, I've got a word document which I can send to you with all the info I have on the Flynn's. Speak soon.

Kind Regards
Katy  ;D
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline marie whelan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 December 12 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath
           Sorry havent been back to you in last few days but with xmas and vistors coming and going.Dont know where Patrick Whelan born but i would persume Glenohill.You mention that you are connected to Brady's an Anne Marie Brady was sponsor for one of my uncle's.I have to get down all my record's and have a look i moved house this yr and havent been doing much research.
                               Some record's are hard to get because sometimes they didnt register their children for mts after they were born.Some record's were iost in a fire at the Four Court's in Dublin.Kat iwill get back to you with more info but it could be jan with xmas and new yr but i  won't forget you.It.s great to hear from you.I also see the name Crowley mam said Crowley's use to come to visit dad,My dad is dead now he died when i was 10 so i have no way of finding any info about family.                                            Marie

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 December 12 22:55 GMT (UK) »
If your Whelan family were RC then the Four Courts Fire would not have affected Births or Baptism records for them, as these were not held in the PRO (public records office). Civil BMD records are intact and RC parish records were held at the individual parish churches.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline THE RED ONE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 November 14 02:40 GMT (UK) »
My wife's grandparents, (Terrence and Jane Flynn) came to Glasgow from Church Street, Edgeworthstown c. 1911.  Family were, Lizzie, Maggie, Jeannie, Francis, Michael and Terry. Lizzie was born in Ireland and the rest in Glasgow. Slainte!

Offline THE RED ONE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 December 14 17:12 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if my previous message got to you but my interest was instigated via reference to Terrence and Jane Flynn of Edgeworthstown. This is my wife's grandparents who came to Glasgow about 1911. The name, 'Courtney' also figuers in the research.