Author Topic: MacIntosh BD&M lookup please SA  (Read 2277 times)

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MacIntosh BD&M lookup please SA
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 October 18 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Spike.

Further to your pointing me in the direction of the MacIntosh Families of Australia website .. our MacIntosh family connections are directly to Angus and Mary MacIntosh of North Uist.

I note that it is stated that only one of their descendants emigrated to Australia with other emigrees going to Canada. However, I know of two other direct links to Angus and Mary, as well as ours, with descendants emigrating to Australia.

Elsie

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 October 18 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Elsie,
We may well have other descendants in the database without knowing of their connection to Angus and Mary. This could mean some existing Families could be linked into your Adelaide2 group. Any information you can provide would be most welcome.
I can message you my email, or you can contact Jay at the website or post the info here or in the Facebook Group - whatever is easiest for you.
Many thanks
Spike
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh

Offline Alistair73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Elsie,
Yes that’s correct our father Ron married twice and we are from his second family. Ron had 4 sons to first wife Marjorie whose Maiden name was indeed Black. Dad married our mother Rosslyn in 1971.

I’d love to know more about what youve discovered about the MacIntosh family history and how you came to enqwuire about Peter and Ron?

Kind regards,

Alistair

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 October 18 08:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Alistair.

Well, we definitely have a family connection. Peter MacIntosh (1828-91) was first married to Catherine MacDonald(1828-1870) and they had seven children. After Catherine's death Peter remarried. He and Catherine Stewart (1842-) had three children - John, Catherine and Hector. My husband's grandfather was their son John, who was born in 1876.

There is much we can share and discuss Alistair. However, I think it might be now more appropriate to do so off site. I will try to send you a personal email with a contact address.

Warmest wishes.

Elsie