Author Topic: help needed  (Read 1102 times)

wileman 121

help needed
« on: Thursday 17 May 07 22:19 BST (UK) »
hi i have never had to reaearch scottish ancestry before and have no clue where to start !

my freind asketd me today as she knew i was into genealogy if i could research her family tree for her !

i froze when she said scotalnd

basically i was wondering if anyone can find out anything about James MCclue born around Glasgow c1922-1923

hope someone can help !

regards Wileman 121  :)

P.S she does know that her father James was born a bastard and so he took his mothers maiden name MCclue !

hope this helps
many thanks

Offline M.R. Dien

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 May 07 22:46 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately the date of birth given is outwith the period which is searchable online at Scotlands People .... that period currently covers up to and including 1906 only.

An alternative may be to search for his mothers death record (providing she died before 1956) although ensuring you have the correct person is made slightly more difficult by jumping a generation.
~M~

Offline Glesca lassie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 May 07 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, If you can be patient for a few weeks, I will be going to the Genalogy Centre in Glasgow, and I will have a look for you, if you can get anymore details it would help

Mary

wileman 121

« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 May 07 20:38 BST (UK) »
i will be seeing my freind tomorow i think she has james mCclue's mothers name so i will get what info i can many thanks

Jason

wileman 121

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 May 07 09:11 BST (UK) »
hi i have found out the name of his mother

it was Annie MCclue born around the 1890's - early 1900's and from what my freind told me she would have been born in Glasgow hope this helps

Many thanks
Jason

wileman 121

« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 June 07 22:12 BST (UK) »
hi me again i spoke to my freinds mum who is in her 80's and she said Annie McClue was possibly born Scotland and she died in 1969 age 79 so she was born about 1890 sh there is one thing to go on

now another thing is at one point the family changed there name it was originaly spelt Mcclure so she might be annie Mcclure born around glasgow 1890

failing that my freinds mum did say at some point the family immigrated from ireland but she is not sure when so weather Annie was born in ireland or not ?

hopefully you guys can help
many thanks

Jason  :)

Offline Glesca lassie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 June 07 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason, I looked for James McClue today, under McClue and McLure could'nt find anything, I found an Annie McClure born 1890 at 4 Kelvingrove Street Glasgow, daughter of John McLure (Ship Caulker) and Matilda McLure m/s Donaldson, her parents were married in 28th September 1888, I don't know if this is your Annie , there was three Annie McLure's born in 1893, it would help if I had some more information, I won't be going back to the Genealogy centre for a few months, but if you get anymore information, let me know

Mary

wileman 121

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 10:05 BST (UK) »
you have found out more info than i could have hoped for thats more than my freind was thinking of geting as she said the mcclures are a lost cause and you wont get anything on them

i will see if she can remember a birth date for annie

many thanks for all the time you put in it is much apreciated

regards Wileman 121 (and freind) :)