Author Topic: Yapp Family  (Read 15918 times)

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Re: Yapp Family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 January 05 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Christine Murphy (USA).
John Yapp you refered to was probably the son of Charles married 1/7/1819 to Mary Moore .They had 5or6 children-Eliza?(Choulton ) babtised 23/7/1821.Mary babtised 5/12/1824 ,William babtised 3/6/1828 probably burried 2/6/1830 aged 2 years.Sarah babtised 4/3/1831 GEORGE BABTISED 14/10/1833 John babtised 16/6/1837This might have been the lead you were looking for .Records from Ludbury Church,Shropshire.

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 January 05 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Yopp 1668 .Ifind the death of 10/7/1728 of Kosiah Yopp .This could be Kesia ( Tipton ) Kosiah Yopp died 1/6/1731 .Are we refering to the same people?Burried at Lydbury Church .Francis Yopp sirc 1668 and Margery his wife .I have no background -could you help?

Offline wholejobs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 June 06 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi People,

I am also researcing the Yapp family but they seem to be from Tenbury rather that Ludlow.
My primary interest centres around a chap called Henry Yapp who was born in 1818 in Tenbury and his wife Elizabeth. If my research is correct, he married very late in life and his wife was considerably younger than him. They had 2 sons and his wife re-married about a year after the guy's death in 1891. This is the link to my tree as she is a distant relation by her 2nd marriage.
Not sure if any of these people appear in your research but would be interested to hear if they do. I am especially keen to trace the marriage whcih I think was in the 1850's.

If any one hase come across this family, any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Sands

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 July 07 13:52 BST (UK) »
I have just discovered the parents of my 3x gt granny Elizabeth Yapp b 1813 Ludlow.  They were Richard and Jane Yapp.  As far as I can discover, there was only one other sibling, Abraham  b1811 d 1812.  Elizabeth married Evan Thomas James in 1836 and made her home in Presteigne.  Does anyone have any idea about Richard and/or his wife Jane and whether he was born in Ludlow, or a village nearby, please?

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 20:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I cannot find this link in my family tree.
Regards, Eric.

Offline sandviking

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 February 13 00:51 GMT (UK) »
I am an American living in Illinois. My great, great, great grandfather was Richard Yapp born in Herefordshire England in November 1814. He married Elizabeth Richards, born in England in 1807, in 1838, and they came to America in 1850, first to Ohio and then settled in Ridgeway, Wisconsin.

Sandyq: You mentioned in one of your posts you know much about the Herefordshire Yapps. I would love to learn everything I can about my lineage prior to Richard Yapp I as I have no information. I know this is very close to the Welsh border, and therefore, I have Welsh relatives, as well.

One of their children, Richard Yapp II, b. 1841, married Jane Roberts, b. 1843 (Illinois) on April 27, 1861, but her parents were Joseph Roberts born in Cornwall England and Elizabeth Rogers, also born in Cornwall. They also had a son and named him Richard III, b. 1864, who married Rebecca Jane Lewis, b. 3/28/1870. Her father was William Lewis born in Wales. Her mother was Elizabeth Pascoe born in England in 1830 and died in 1913. Rebecca's brother Evan Lewis became a famous wrestler in Madison, Wisconison called "The Strangler" Lewis.

I would love to hear from anyone with info on the Herefordshire Yapps prior to Richard Yapp born in 1814.

Thank you!

Sandy

Offline vyapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 26 August 17 10:51 BST (UK) »
Would LOVE to know if any of you Yapps is familiar with a migration of Yapps from Western England/Eastern Wales area to New Jersey, USA, in the 1700s?, but I've had SUCH a hard time connecting my tree across the Atlantic. Here's what I DO know about my earliest DNA-verified Yapp ancestor (verified through a distant cousin also living in the U.S.):

My 5x great grandfather, Samuel Yapp, was born in Deerfield, Cumberland, New Jersey, USA, in 1742. He married a woman named Susanna Hall, and she gave birth to my 4x great grandfather, Thomas Yapp, in 1778, also in New Jersey. (Wond

Samuel Yapp's parents are often cited as Thomas Yapp (b. 1711 in England) and Lydia/Liddia Mills (b. 1714 in New Jersey to Welsh-born parents). Thomas Yapp's origins have been variously cited as Shopshire, Gloucestershire, and Herefordshire. Not sure which is correct. Guessing the immigration must have been between 1711 and 1740. No further info!

Offline Sandyq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
Sorry but my earliest research is 1745 in Stokesay near Ludlow Shropshire, England for John Yapp and Betty Hill, they never migrated, but lived and died in Shropshire
Kind Regards
Sandra
Yapp - Ludlow Shropshire
Rawlings - Shropshire
Tudor - Aston Birmingham
Rabone - Aston Birmingham
Clayton - Aston Birmingham
Phillips - Birmingham, Redditch
Bower -Sheffield,Boston,
Barnett- Birmingham
Elson- Birmingham
Walton -Birmingham, Solihull
Green - Birmingham
Maling - Birmingham
Cain - Birmingham
Cheetham - Sheffield
Sharratt -Burton on Trent
New- Hampshire, Coalville

Offline grahamyapp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone, I have recently picked up my research threads again, with particular emphasis on my Yapp line.  I recognise a few names in the earlier/older posts on this thread.

I am particularly interested in the John Yapp marriage to Mary Jones in Lydbury North Shropshire on 12/05/1750. I am now as sure as I will ever be that they are my GGGGGG-GPs.  After that I believe the line is to their son Thomas Yapp (m Elinor Evans 1779), and on to George Yapp (1st marriage to Elizabeth Smith 1812), Henry Yapp (b~1828 Bromfield/Ludlow, partner Sarah Westwood), and Mary Ann Yapp b~1854.  Mary Ann married a James Powles but their son James (my GGF) took his mother's name for reasons unknown.  Henry is the Yapp who moved from the Ludlow area to Oldbury in the West Midlands and laboured in the blast furnaces of the Black Country rather than the fields of Shropshire.  Another couple of generations produced me, b West Bromwich 1957.

Happy to share anything that may be of interest, and particularly happy if anyone has direct knowledge through oral history or other sources as to where the line goes beyond John & Mary.