Author Topic: Wanted! Photographs CAMBER SANDS  (Read 4073 times)

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted! Photographs CAMBER SANDS
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 September 08 20:40 BST (UK) »
whoops! Forgot to say just how much I appreciate all the trampsing about looking on my behalf. I'm somewhat less mobile these days, so it makes me love you folks even more. Thank you. C ;D
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline Bernard Leeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 December 15 01:37 GMT (UK) »
I lived at Camber from 1951-1957 and Rye thereafter. I left UK in 1968 but sometimes return to Rye and Camber. My book "The 1290 Massacre of the Jews at Jury's Gap, Romney Marsh" is free on line or from sheba.edu@gmail.com. I have been sorting my photos from those years but fear most are family shots at the beach and Off Sea Road. My uncle took all the family photos and negatives to sea during WW2. He survived a torpedo attackoff Iceland  but lost all his possession on board. There is a local effort at Camber collecting photos.

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 December 15 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Royal Mail Postcode finder list 5 cottages for Old Worlde Cottages New  Lydd Rd, Camber  Post code is TN317RB. They are at the West End of new Lydd Rd East  of  the junction with Farm lane. Look on Googe maps and they are by by the house with a Union Jack & flagpole
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)