Author Topic: WESCOMBE surname  (Read 1407 times)

Offline kiwibev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WESCOMBE surname
« on: Sunday 20 May 07 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for WESCOMBES from  ?? not sure.  Anna WESCOMBE my 2xgreat granny had a daughter, Lavinia Caroline or Carolina in New Zealand on 12 July 1868.   Lavinia's father was John WILSON b around 1829 in Swansea.  I believe Anna had a brother George and they were both living in Victoria, Australia in the late 1850s early 1860s.  Anna Wescombe gave birth to a daughter around 1860/61 (father unknown) in Victoria, Australia and named her Eva Lavinia.  Sadly the little tot died three months later.  Anna 'arrived ' In NZ sometime after 1861.  In 1867 Anna and John WILSON were living in Invercargill, New Zealand and had two children.  A boy, possibly named James (?), and Lavinia.  John Wilson died on 18 Oct 1867 and Anna died on 5 December 1877 leaving two young children.  Her death notice read : "she had no known relatives in the colony and left two young children aged 11 and 9."  I know Anna was from England but don't know where.

Does anyone recognise any of the Wescombe names? 
If so I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.
Bev

Moderator Comment: If anybody can help, then please check out the thread on the Somerset Board as well,
to avoid duplication of efforts. Thanks :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,233937.0.html