Author Topic: cant find this death  (Read 4231 times)

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
cant find this death
« on: Tuesday 22 May 07 20:18 BST (UK) »
 ??? i have tried ,but cannot find her death ,yet they must be somewhere .

Annie Durward/dorward (nee taylor) died 1881-1891..(aged 80-91)...in  the 1881 cencus she is listed as age 81. in Laurencekirk.
i have tried all the names and cant understand why her death isnt appearing.,she is a widow.

even tried looking for her in 1871 cencus (aged 71) in different districts ,still no trace of her,

any advice please ?

snowolf

"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)

Offline JEANP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: cant find this death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 May 07 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Snowolf,

I've found an Ann Taylor b 1801 Garvock in St Cyrus, I think she's probably yours.

Jean :)
CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM
WWW.NATIONALARCHIVES.GOV.UK

Researching my family in and around Kirriemuir, Angus and Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

Ogilvie/Ogilvy                 Lee
Mitchell                           Gwynne
Davidson                        Evans
Eggie                              Felvus
Leighton                         Rowley
Craig

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 07 19:33 BST (UK) »
thanks Jeanp,
 yes! the Ann taylor you found is mine ,...the part i'm stuck on is she had a son"William Durward"( supposingly illigitamate in 1834) ...the father being "James durward".
they never married,as he married someone else.
     But on the 1881 cencus she is listed as being a widow,,,(cant find her on any earlier cencus...she would have been at kincardine/or angus.
 Also i'm wondering why she would call herself a widow and use the Durward surname if she hadnt been married?...and its definitly her on the 1881 cencus ,because of the other family members listed also .
 i'm at a puzzle !!

snowolf
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 May 07 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Snowwolf

There are a couple of options for Annie in the 1851 and 1861 Census:

In 1851 perhaps with her mother Ann Douglas:

Ann Taylor 80, b. Garvock
Ann Taylor 42, agr lab, b. Garvock
John Robertson    6, grandson, b. St Cyrus, Kincardineshire

Address:  Higham Cottar House, Dun Angus

And in 1861, in a large household (too many to list):

Ann Taylor 58, housekeeper, b. Garvock
Address: Keilburn, Laurencekirk

In 1871 you have the entry that Jeanp posted and then in 1881 she is living with son William.

It doesn't look like she married following the birth of William in 1834 and she remained Ann Taylor throughout her life. I would imagen in 1881, given she was living with William who went by father's surname, she was put down as widow and Annie Taylor Durward for propriety's sake!

All fine and good but as you, can't easily see a death for her in Kirnkardine under these names  :-\

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk