Author Topic: Presbyterian Churches with Cemeteries  (Read 11339 times)

Offline ncpatti

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Presbyterian Churches with Cemeteries
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 March 15 02:59 GMT (UK) »
I have the book by Leslie McKeague titled Trinity Prebyterian Church Bailieborough The First 125 Years (1887-2012).  The book lists the graves in the Urcher cemetery outside of Bailieborough.  My ggrandparents are buried in the Old Urcher graveyard.  The book has reference to two Wilson's. 1.   "Erected to the memory of Jane Anne, the beloved wife of Joseph Wilson, Drumacarrow, who departed this life on the 8th January 1876 in the 52nd year of her age.  And of her husband Joseph Wilson who died November 6th 1880, aged 63 years."  2.  Treasured memories of Our Dear Son Aubrey Wilson, Prestwick, Scotland.  23rd August 1970 To 22nd June 2001.  "Kindhearted Thoughtful and True Selfishness You Never Knew Whatever Else We Fail To Do We Will Always Remember You."

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 April 15 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi ncpatti. The information that you have given is of interest to me as I have Wilson's from Drumacarrow.
I wonder if there is any reference to the name NELSON in that book. Katharine.

Offline ncpatti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 April 15 13:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, there is a Nelson listed in the cemetery.  However, the headstone must not be able to be read as there is not a description.  It gives the location as (9) NELSON.  If you give me your email address, I'll send you photocopies from the book.

Offline ncpatti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 April 15 13:50 BST (UK) »
I just received another book from Leslie McKeague titled "First Bailieborough Presbyterian Church (Corglass) 300 Years of Worship (1714-2014).  There are a couple of Wilson's listed in this cemetery as follows:  (15) Wilson In Loving Memory of Frederick J. Wilson, Lisgar, died 30th November 1964 aged 74 years.  Also his wife Mary M. died 14th September 1977 aged 84 years.  Their son William H. died 20th May 1984 aged 62 years. "Heavenly Love Abiding"

(17) WILSON Sacred to the Memory of James Wilson of Curkish who died Feb. 23rd 1869 aged 74 years.  Also his grandson James Wilson, who died Feb 2nd 1878 aged 26 years.  "From Henceforth"

(36) WILSON  In Memory of our dear father William Wilson died 20th Oct. 1907 aged 84 years.  Also of his daughter Isabella Harriett, died 10th May 1903, aged 26 years.  Erected by his wife and family.  "They will be done"

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 April 15 18:13 BST (UK) »
Some people (a few) take some photos that might help others while visiting Cemeteries and donate them to IGP..

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/cavan/photos/tombstones/markers.htm

All it needs is a few others to donate a few.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline rryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 April 15 14:16 BST (UK) »
Any ideas of where someone would be buried if they lived in Dernaweel Killashandra Cavan.My 2 g grandfather James WOODS  D 1865 .His wife Anne (HALES) WOODS) D 1873.Both deaths were registered in ARVAGH CAVAN..They were Presbyterians but I've been told they may be buried in a Church of Ireland Cemetary in Cavan.I'm at a brick wall as to where they would be laid to rest.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.I now they are not buried in the Presbyterian Graveyard in Killashandra as someone has already taken pics of those headstones & they are not there.
What C of I are close to Dernaweel .?
Thanks Rae
Warwick Qld

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 April 15 15:04 BST (UK) »
Well you're a bit far fromKilleshandra town.. nearer Carrigallen

http://www.logainm.ie/en/4358?s=Dernaweel and zoom in a bit

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 April 15 15:24 BST (UK) »
..and it was me who took photos!

Offline John Wood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 December 16 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I wonder if you can help. Is it possible that James Woods who married Ann Hales was born in Kincardineshire in Scotland? The record for Andrew Wood born in Fetteresso, Kincardineshire in 1775 on the Familysearch website suggests that James may have been the son of Andrew and his wife Jane Mollyson. I am a direct descendant of Andrew Wood. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, John.